002.

"Do you have a daughter?" She asked.

I look to Selena but she avoids me.

"Madeleine, how old are you?" I asked.

"We should go Maddie, come on."

"I am three years and a half." She said but Sel was grabbing her by the arm.

Three years and a half, that's pretty much the time we've been apart, Selena and I. What if....

"Please wait." I said and Macy stopped.

I was breathing faster, I felt my heart racing and felt like it was about to explode. The girl looked confused.

"Selena." I exclaimed.

She turned around to face me, her eyes were watery and she was shaking.

"Can you explain?" I asked and she shook her head.

"This is not the time or place." She said.

"Selena" I said

"We need to go." She said to the girl, taking her into her arms.

"Sel-

I said but it was late, they left. I had to see her again, so I left all the food there and followed them. I walked to the car and started the engine. I thought I lost them but finally saw her car again. She had the same car as always, that blue Volkswagen that she loved so much. I drove for about 5 minutes until, she stopped outside a building and I stepped out as well but she didn't saw me. She passed the entrance, but the door remained open so I entered. I followed her and she turned around and saw me.

"Jeeeesus Man-

"Mommy is Manuel again." The little girl said smiling.

"Yes dear." She said while looking for her keys in her bag.

"He's leaving right now." She said opening her apartment door.

"Go and play with your dolls, he's just looking for a recipe." She said I rolled my eyes.

Maddie laughed and disappeared thru the hall. Macy turned around to face me.

"You're not entering my house. Get the fuck out of here-

"We need to talk." I said and she looked at me filled with anger.

"This is not the time or place."She spoke trying to close the door in my face.

"Again with that? What do you think I am? Stupid?" I said fighting her back to open it.

Finally I won and entered her apartment.

"We're gonna talk." I said and she crossed her arms in her chest.

"Fine, what is it?" She asked angry.

"Is that your daughter?" I asked and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Of course she is. She calls me mommy. Didn't you hear?" She asked annoyed.

"Who's the father?" I asked and she squeezed her teeth.

"Some guy." She said moving her head to a side.

"What guy?" I asked determinately.

"What do you care?" She asked walking towards the kitchen, I followed her.