006.

"I just.... I needed to check your seatbelt." I said and she was clearly disappointed..

I returned to the wheel and drove. I felt Selena's hand on mine, I looked at her and she nodded slowly and smiled sweetly. We arrived to her place and I opened Maddie's door, she grabbed my hand and looked at me.

"How does it look?" She asked me and I looked at her confused.

"How's that?" I asked.

"You're so tall, how does things look from there?" She asked pointing at my head and I laughed.

I grabbed her and lifted her, she smiled widely and took her hands to her mouth.

"Oh mein gott, I feel in the sky." She said and I laughed.

I saw Selena coming towards us, she was laughing.

"It is right?" She asked smiling and Maddie nodded.

"It's incredible." She said and looked at me.

I smiled widely at her, I felt my heart melting.

"Do you want to grab hot chocolate with us?" She asked me.

I looked at Selena, looking for her approval and she nodded.

"I would love to." I said and we walked to the door.

***

"How do you like it, dark or with milk?" Selena asked me.

"How do you take it?" I asked.

"With milk, that's Maddie's favorite and with some marshmallows." She said and I nodded.

"Sounds perfect." I said and she smiled.

I watched her preparing the hot chocolate. She looked so self-reliant and secure, like she's been doing this for so long. This whole thing, the parenting thing, I mean, I remember that three years ago she was still a girl to my eyes and now she's a grown up, a woman and a mother.

"You're incredible." I spoke my thoughts.

She looked at me surprised and I saw how her cheeks turned pink.

"Thank you." She said and smiled peacefully.

"I found it." I heard Maddie's voice.

She brought an album filled with photos of her as a baby. She was carrying it proudly to show it to me. She opened it and started explaining me what had happened in each picture. Macy brought us two mugs with the hot chocolate.

"Danke mommy." Maddie said.

"Danke Hun- Sel-selena." I said swallowing hard and smiling awkwardly.

She rolled her eyes smiling and caressed Maddie's head.

"You're welcome." She said to the both of us, grabbed her mug and sat with us.

"This was the first time I had lemon. I loved lemon" She said pointing to herself on the picture.

"My mommy says that not all the kids likes lemon, that I am special." She said and I nodded.

"You are indeed." I said and she giggled.

"This was the time I touched snow for the first time. I love snow" She said.

We kept looking at the pictures and then she suddenly stop talking and Selena and I looked at each other. She looked down to her pictures and caressed it.

"What's wrong baby?" Selena asked her and she shook her head.

"You can tell me." She said caressing her cheek.

She was looking down to her hands and after a few seconds she looked to us with her cheeks filled with tears.

"Maddie?"

"Honeeey, what's wrong?" We asked in unison.

"I don't know what it feels to have a normal family." She said looking at her.

"I wish you were my father." She said now looking at me.

I swallowed hard, I looked desperate to Selena but she was expressionless. I know I couldn't help it anymore, I had to tell her. I caressed her cheek and weep her tears and looked at her. Her blue icy eyes were big and glassy, she was making a sad face.

I took a deep breath and finally talked.

"I am your father." I said letting out a sight.

She looked at me widely and confused at the same time.

"Wait, what? Are you my father?" She asked shocked.

I looked at Selena and she was froze.

"I am – I said nodding – Why do you think we look alike so much?" I asked her.

She was filled with thoughts, she looked at her mother and then back at me and then started crying.

"Baby- Selena started but then she froze again.

She was crying reinless, she had her tiny hands on her face to hide her tears. I caressed her hair and she finally faced us.

"I can't believe that I have a father." She said crying.

Selena approach to her and weep her tears.

"Sweetie, are you ok? Are you happy?" she asked her and she nodded immediately.

I leaned to be closer to them and kissed Maddie in the forehead, she turned to look at me and opened her arms to give me a hug. I closed my eyes and felt my heart filled with love and joy. I never thought that I would be this happy, that one little person could make me this happy. Having the love of your child is the most perfect love...

________________________________________________

Im dead, All those feels x.

Ari.