CHAPTER 45

"Arthat ab Samrat Pandu hum par shaashan nahi karenge ?"

A wave of insecurity and sorrow had washed over the citizens of Hastinapur as the news reached to them about Pandu giving up his position.

The sound of wailing echoed through the Nagasaharya, as the citizens mourned remembering the days of peace and prosperity that their King had brought to their land. His wisdom and compassion had touched the lives of every citizen, and his absence left a deep void in their hearts.

They prayed for his well-being and hoped for his eventual return, but the weight of their sorrow was undeniable. The once vibrant and lively city of Hastinapur was now cloaked in an air of sadness and sound of lamentations.

The grand palace, usually filled with the vibrant energy of a bustling kingdom, now stood silent and still. It was as if even the walls themselves mourned the loss of their beloved king.

Bhishm sat in his chambers, lost in thought as he gazed out at the grieving kingdom of Hastinapur. His mind was heavy with the weight of the tragedies that had befallen the royal family.

First, it was Chitrangad, who had met an untimely death in battle. Then, Vichitraveerya, who died without producing an heir. And now, Pandu, who had renounced his kingdom due to a curse.

As he thought about his nephew, Bhishm felt a deep sense of grief and lamented the loss of a great ruler. He remembered the days when Pandu had been a strong and noble leader, beloved by his people and respected by his enemies.

His old heart ached for the suffering of his family and the uncertainty of their future. He knew that it was up to him to ensure that the kingdom of Hastinapur survived these tumultuous times, but the burden felt heavier than ever.

He felt tempted to renounce everything and let go of his mortal coil. He was tired and weary, but the weight of duties was too much. Bhishm's mind was consumed with thoughts of loss and longing.

As he lamented for Pandu, the door creaked open and in walked Satyavati, Kripacharya, Vidur and the ministers of the kingdom. Bhishm looked up at them and stood up with respect, his face etched with grief.

Satyavati said, "Bhishm, mantriyo ka kehna hai ki tum ab Dhritrashtra ko Hastinapur ka Maharaj ghosit kardo."

Bhishm's heart sank as he heard her words. He knew that Dhritrashtra, being blind from birth, was not the ideal choice to lead the kingdom.

"Parantu Mata," He said, "Woh toh janmandh hai. Woh kaise Raja banega ? Jiske paas drishti nahi, woh kaise Hastinapur ka uddhar kar sakta hai ?"

Kripacharya stepped forward and said, "Mahamahim, Hastinapur ka uddhar toh tab hoga, jab Hastinapur bacha rahega. Pandu ke raaj tyaagne se, Aryavart ka Rajtantra fir se badal gaya hai. Ab shatru rajya hume kar nahi denge, apetu aakraman karne ki yojna banayenge."

Bhishm glanced at Vidur, "Tum kya kehte ho vats ?"

Even though the Mahamantri knew Dhritrashtra was not fit to rule, he also knew that it was his duty to uphold the laws of the kingdom and ensure its stability.

"Mere anusaar kulguru sahi keh rahe hai." Vidur said, "Iss samaye Rajya ki suraksha humare liye sarvopari hai. Raja ke bina arajakta ki stithi utpan ho sakti hai. Aise mei uchit yahi hoga, ki hum Jyesht ko Maharaj ghosit karde. Parantu satya yeh bhi hai ki Jyesht janmandh hai, iss liye mere paas ek sujhaav hai, yadi aagya ho toh kahu."

"Kaho." Bhishm said.

"Jyesht Dhritrashtra ko aap Karyakari Raja ghosit karde. Woh Bhrata Pandu ki oor se raaj karenge aur bhavishya mei aane wale yogya Maharaj ki oor se." Vidur said.

This suggestion seemed agreeable to all present, and Bhishm found himself reluctantly nodding in approval. While he still harbored doubts about Dhritrashtra's ability to rule, he knew that this was the best course of action for the kingdom.

On the other side, the blind prince Dhritrashtra sat in his chambers, a heavy weight of sorrow pressing down on his heart. He could hardly bear the thought of his brother, once full of life and vitality, now reduced to a life of solitude and exile. He remembered the days when they had played together as children, and the bond they had shared as brothers.

"Maharaj ke saath yeh nahi hona chahiye tha. Mujhe toh Kunti ki chinta ho rahi hai." Gandhari said grieving.

As they sat alone in their chambers, a single tear rolled down Dhritrashtra's cheek, mourning the loss of his beloved brother and lamenting the curse that had forced him into exile.

Suddenly a pratihari entered the room, "Rajmata, Mahamahim, Kulguru, Mahamantri tatha anya mantrijan aapse milne aaye hai, Rajkumar."

The married couple stood up in respect, wondering why they had come to see him in such a solemn moment. Bhishm, with his grey hair and wise eyes, approached Dhritrashtra.

With authority in his voice, the Mahamahim said, "Putra, Hastinapur Rajya punah ek durgam sthiti mei pahuch gaya hai. Pandu ke raaj tyaagne ke pashchaat Hastinapur asurakshit ho gaya hai."

"Mere liye kya aagya hai ?" Dhritrashtra asked.

"Hum sabhi ka mat hai ki tum.... Hastinapur ke karyakari Raja ban jaao." Bhishm said.

Dhritrashtra was taken aback by the sudden demand. His shock was evident, but beneath the surface, a spark of something else flickered in his heart.

"Jaisa aap kahe." He agreed with a subtle smile.

Vidur said, "Hume Karyakari Raja ke Rajyabhishek aur ghoshna ki taiyaari karni chahiye."

And with that, all of them left the room leaving Dhritrashtra and Gandhari alone.

"Niyati mei jo hota hai woh mil hi jata hai." He said.

Gandhari frowned, "Tatparya ?"

Dhritrashtra said, "Jyesht hone ke karan singhasan par pratham adhikaar mera tha, parantu.... Parantu janmandh hone ke karan Pandu ko Maharaj bana diya gaya.... Aur dekho, aaj niyati ne mujhe punah mera adhikaar lauta diya."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

*Clears throat* Aap Maharaj nahi, KARYAKARI RAJA NIYUKT HUYE HAI !!!!!!

Also.... Pitamah aapko lag raha tha na ki Hastinapur ka durbhagya chal raha tha.... Arrey Gangeya Durbhagya toh ab shuru hoga 🌝
With a side of durgati 🌝

Abhi se pehle Jo huya woh toh trailer tha, picture baaki hai Pitamah 🌝🙏