002

the two weeks that would lead up to christmas was the time of year that aella hated- kostas would pack a bag and leave until the 23rd of december to go to greece, he would try to get her to go with him but he would fail every time. as much as the girl adored her brother she loathed her dad. her dad was the person she looked up to when she was younger but now she can't even bring herself to look at him. when the girl was 15 she found out that her dad committed acts of infidelity and that her mum forgave him. ever since that day she liked him, as they say 'you can love someone but not like them'.

today was the day her brother would be leaving to go visit the man she once called dad. this year the trip aella's brother takes every year would be different, kostas would only be going to see the man for three days before returning back home and then leave again for new year. lando was over to say goodbye to the boy he had grew to love like a younger brother.

"say hi to γιαγιά for me koko okay?" aella said whilst hugging the younger boy. "of course i will, don't worry- she'll wonder why you never come." he replied. the two pulled away from the hug. "dad will make up some bullshit excuse- like he always does," the girl said earning a chuckle from her mother "also if you get the ferry to athens can you go to the book store we used to go to and get me a book?"

"yeah, i'll get you influential by amara sage if they have it." he replied "i hate going to greece so much like why did he have to choose to move to mykonos when he could just live in like athens." the boy complained about this ever year.

"kostas say goodbye to everyone we're leaving for the airport in five minutes, i'll be in the car." masie said- a small smile resting on her face.

the boy went to hug lando.

"look at you kos, off to greece to go face the monster!" lando said earning a smile from the sad boy.

lando never had a problem with loukas when he was younger but as he grew up he seen the way he affected the family, he seen the way aella's face would turn sour whenever he was mentioned. so he annoyed the girl until he got told why- when he found out he went and told his mum and dad, they ultimately helped masie leave the man.

"lan make sure aella eats things other than noodles and make sure mum doesn't overwork herself, please" kostas noticed a common theme whenever he leaves to visit his dad- his mum try's to forget that kostas wasn't there by spending far to long working. aella on the other hand would be same old aella except she would cook noodles because that's as far as her culinary skills could go, since kostas was the only one who was good at cooking in the house.

"kos you know for a fact i would never make aella live of noodles and your mum will be staying at mine so my parents will be yelling at her the second she gets to do any work." lando saying this gave kostas some relief- his big sister was his best friend- they may annoy eachother but they cared deeply for eachother, and his mother was the person kostas could never live without. the boy gave lando another hug and whispered a thank you into the hug.

"have fun koko, i'll miss you." aella was being honest when she said she would miss him. "yeah yeah i'll miss you too aella- i'll be back soon though" the boy said. "i know but you'll be leaving when you get back also you better go because mum will throw a fit and not take you to the airport if you don't leave the now" aella said hearing the car honking although she was not wanting her brother to leave but still the boy grabbed his phone and headphones and left.

the house was quiet, you would hear a hair pin drop. lando was unsure on what to say to the girl and she was unsure on what say to him.

"miss makris what are we watching tonight and which house will we be residing in?" lando said whilst attempting to do a posh accent. "mr norris im not to sure, i would like to stay here tonight as my bedroom has just got a heated blanket." the girl said mocking his tone. lando stuck out his hand like they were about to do social dancing, indicating for aella to grab it. that she did and without warning the boy sprinted upstairs.

aella has never been one for exercising- yes she done concerts but she never did alot of dancing. so to say the running upstairs killed her was an understatement. "lanny, i don't run- i won't make it to the room i need ten minutes to catch my breath" the girl said when she finally made it to the top of the stairs. "well lala, ill just have to carry you to your bedroom then won't i?" the girl was about to reply and say she could walk she just needed a second but before she could lando picked up the girl bridal style and carried her to her room and then chucked her on her bed. he then proceeded to lay down on her bed grabbing the tv remote from the bedside table and putting reruns of the jeremy kyle show on. the two sat in awkward silence for what felt like forever with the sound of jeremy explaining some drama that probably could have been solved without a lie detector test. it wasn'tt the first time lando had done that so it was odd that both of them felt weird after the encounter.

"i love this show, it's so good" aella said, hoping to break the silence. "yeah especially when they get caught lying" lando replied. "i don't really like this episode though, can we put the toffee crisp on please lanny?" the girl said remember the episode where mark accused his ex of sleeping with someone who used a toffee crisp wrapper as a condom. the boy let out a quiet laugh and found the episode. the two watched the episode, laughing at bits that were funny and cheering or booing when people came onto the screen. the awkwardness the duo felt before had vanished as aella had her head resting on landos shoulder.

"want me to order chinese lala?" lando asked, knowing it was the girls favourite food. "please can you get the usual?" she asked knowing he would say yes. the boy hummed in reply and started to place the order for the food.

the two heard masie enter the house and walk upstairs. the duo expected her to go to her room yet she knocked on her daughters door to let her know she was coming in, this made lando jump to the other side of the room and pretending to read a book from the girls shelf and aella sit up straight and analyse a pillow from her bed.

"aella lando i'm heading to la- lando?" masie said staring at the boy. "yes masie?" he replied confused. "why are you reading?" she asked confused as she has knew the boy his entire life yet never seen him touch a book, especially one from aella's shelf. "oh masie you know me i love reading, you know... icebreaker is one of my favourites!" lando said whilst reading the title of the book he grabbed. "yeah mum he's been reading it every time he's came over" aella said trying to convince her mother that this was true. this was the moment they both knew they could never have a career in acting. "yeah i'm on page 112, it's my favourite page so far!" lando said. at this moment lando had no clue what he had just done to aella as he locked eyes with her as he said the page number and that sentence. "oh yeah i swear that's the "sex" scene in the uber." masie said putting sex into quotations as it really couldn't be called that.

landos face went bright red as he heard that. masie began to speak "lando? aella? i know you were next to eachother in the bed, you are always next to eachother- i couldn't care any less about that. i was just going to inform you two that i'm heading to yours," she said as she turned to look at lando "and i'm assuming you will be staying here tonight with aella like normal?" she continued. "um yes masie, i will" lando said. "alright goodbye lovies!" she said closing the door.

lando placed the book back down where it was and then went back over to the girl. "that was rather awkward." he said sheepishly. "you made it awkward with the page you picked!" the girl said in between laughs. "we can never be actors!" they both said in unison.