006

the 2024 formula one season was around the corner as aella found herself sitting nervously in the mclaren plane, lando to her right and lily- oscar's girlfriend to across from her. oscar had left his seat to go and get the group some coffees for the flight to bahrain. aella had a fear of flying, which was one of the many reasons she refused to see her dad.

lando was in his own world watching instagram reels, lily and aella were sharing a pair of airpods- listening to taylor swift. "you know aella, i still can't believe your going on tour with taylor." the younger british girl said with a smile. "don't it's insane, little eight year old me would be crying." the older girl said whilst smiling. lily adored aella, much like how aella adored lily- over the past year she had grew to see the younger as a little sister and lily grew to see aella as a big sister. the girls shared a lot of interest which made it easy for them to get along.

a few minutes later oscar reappeared with the groups coffees whilst muttering a sarcastic 'thanks for the help mate.' to lando as he said he would come help with the drinks but never went. oscar handed aella her caramel latte whilst she thanked him for the coffee. after everyone had got their drinks oscar sat down next to his girlfriend and started scrolling through his phone much like lando was. lily rested her head on oscar's shoulder and continued her conversation with aella.

aella adored the couples relationship, although she would never admit it- they had the type of relationship she wanted. they were due to take of in ten minutes, the two girls allowed the two boys next to them to join their conversation. "so aella, are you seeing anyone?" oscar asked, curiously as he was aware about his teammates crush on the girl. "no, at this rate i'll probably end up living next to lando until i'm in a nursing home." the girl said with a laugh and she shifted in her seat nervously as lily looked at the older girl as she was aware that aella still had feelings for lando.
the boy next to her noticed this, so he took the girls hand and helt it. "hey don't worry we'll be in the same home as eachother, causing havoc." lando said smiling at the girl. aella smiled back at him. at that moment, oscar and lily shared a look with eachother. they both knew that aella and lando would end up together at some point but they weren't to sure when. lando removed his hand and went back to how he was before grabbing the girls hand.

after a few more minutes the group was warned that the plane was about to take off.  aellas nerves started to kick in as she felt the plane move. lily mouthed some words that looked like 'are you alright' and 'what's wrong' to aella to which she mouthed back 'i'm fine but fuck planes man they're scary' lily let out a slight laugh at this but gave the girl a smile to tell her she'd be fine. lando took the greek girls hand after a few seconds and squeezed it. for the rest of the six and a half hour flight the girls hand was interlocked with landos.

about three hours into the flight both lily and oscar had fell asleep, meaning aella only had lando to keep her entertained. the duo decided they would watch one of the films they had downloaded on landos laptop. they ended up watching nowhere boy even after lando asked if they could watch lemonade mouth but aella claimed that she had "seen it to many times" which lando knew was true as everytime lando seemed to see the girl she was singing a song from the soundtrack.

the film was over and they're was only one and a half hours left of the flight meaning aella and lando had to wake the sleeping couple up. lando opted to kicking oscar whilst aella went for a nicer approach with lily- gently tapping her until she awoke. lily and aella both excused themselves to the bathroom- lily went in first and aella stood guard outside of it, when lily had left the bathroom she had done the same for aella. the duo ended up sitting in the other seats of the plane away from the two boys who were talking about the upcoming races.

"so aella what races will you be at this year?" lily asked as she wanted to know if she'd have a friend in the mclaren garage for a few races. "well i won't be at italy, canada, spain or austria" aella started saying "but ill be there for race day in monaco, silverstone, hungary and i can only make friday for belgium." aella said finishing off what she was saying. "okay so it seems we aren't going to be at the same grand prixs but what am i meant to do for the four races where your leaving me!" the younger girl exclaimed. "you can always join me, although i don't think oscar will be to happy with you not being at belgium." the blonde said with a smile. "wait really, if your being for real i don't think he'd mind." the girl said with a massive smile. "i'm being honest, muni's coming on those days anyways so when i'm performing my little heart out you can talk with her." aella said to the girl across from her.

lily went to ask oscar if she could and told her to go for it and that he didn't mind, to which she thanked him over and over again. after she had sat back down the two started talking about wags they didn't like all too much. "yeah no, rebecca was giving me dodgy looks when i spoke to carlos, like calm down i get you pulled scott disick but calm down i don't want your boyfriend!" aella informed the younger girl who was across from her. "oh yeah no i don't like rebecca- she's on her high horse if i'm being honest." lily replied. "exactly."

the plane had finally landed. the group left the plane and were instantly hit with hot air. the two girls opted for an outfit change when they were on the plane- they both changed into a pair of loose light grey shorts and cropped, thin-strapped pyjama tops that can pass as tops that they seen in primark the week before, when they went out shopping in london together. lily wore a white one and aella wore a matching black one. they paired this with light grey zippers and matching airforces. lando and oscar however were still in their hoodies and joggers as it was freezing in britain. "bit hot guys don't you think?" oscar who was stood next to lando said. "yeah i have to agree with you there it's boiling." lando replied. "oh no i'm nice and cool how about you lils?" aella replied to oscar's question. "aella, i feel the same as you perfectly cool." lily said with a smirk. the two girls told the boys to get changed yet they said 'no it won't be that warm in bahrain because it's february.' however they were both proven wrong as they started complaining about how they were to warm all the way to the cars. the four split of into groups of two, resulting in aella and lily making a big deal about having to split up- although it was needed as aella wasn't a confident driver nor was lily. however moods lightened when the duo was informed they would be in the same hotel and on the same as lily would be sharing a room with oscar and aella would be sharing a room with lando.