|18| Breakfast

!!IMPORTANT!! (A/N): 

Hey guys. Sorry again for the long-ass hiatus. A LOT of developments have been going on behind the scenes with Wattpad and my career as a writer. It's all very, very exciting and I can't wait for when I can share everything with you guys. I can't go into too much detail but basically, there's a chance I *might* be releasing a new book into paid stories. However, this is all very up in the air at this stage, so nothing is guaranteed as of yet, but yeah, let's just say I haven't had a massive amount of time to write recently as I prepare for all this stuff.

That being said, I'm going to get back to updating this consistently because even if good things are happening, I still have a story to complete!

(n.) a meal eaten in the morning, the first of the day

I was a little shocked when I woke up. For two reasons. One: I didn't have a nightmare that night. Not one.

Two, I opened my eyes to find myself face-to-face with a sleeping Zion, his red hair mussed, and his rough face relaxed with the lull of sleep. Upon looking at him, my loins pulsed with the echo of heat, and the events of the night before all came back to me. Inviting Zion to my room, kissing him, fucking him...

I swallowed thickly, staring at him as he slept. Zion was my friend. My best friend, though perhaps not as special as Alia. Either way, I'd taken him to bed and shared a sacred part of myself with him. Our relationship would definitely change from here on out. It made me a little nervous.

I turned away. Though I knew better, my thoughts diverted to Faelen. Did he feel it down the bond? Before, when I was fucking Zion, I hoped he had, but now... now I almost felt guilty. I didn't know how powerful the mate bonds were. I felt moderate pain just by getting penetrated by someone else, and that was my choice. Did he feel the same amount, or was it worse?

I hated Faelen, but God, I hoped it wasn't the latter.

Just then, a small groan sounded from beside me. I looked over to find Zion's eyes crack open, a small smile splitting across his lips when his eyes found mine. "Morning, beautiful," he murmured, leaning over to press a kiss to my lips. At first, I hesitated, unsure of whether to accept it. But his lips felt so warm against mine, and I've felt so damn lonely that it's just... well, fuck it

I pulled him towards me to deepen the kiss, and we remained like that for several moments. When we pulled away, panting, I stared him straight in his emerald eyes. As much as I enjoyed this, I had to set things straight, or else this was going to get out of hand. 

"Zion," I said. "What are you expecting out of this?"

He eyed me carefully, as though trying to find the correct answer in my face. I kept my features neutral. Finally, he shrugged. "Whatever you're expecting, sweetheart."