The Amethyst Series - booklored

THE AMETHYST SERIES

THE AMETHYST SERIES

By: booklored

GENRE: Fantasy

SERIES BLURB:

Ezekiel Joziah Hunt is the last Descendant of the Stars.

As the bastard son of the King of Evimeria, he was shunned by his Grandfather Andreas when he was a small child and forced to rip off his supernatural powers.

Seeking sanctuary, Ezekiel moves to a sleepy town as a student at Stonewall, an average all-boys boarding school.

He has stayed hidden until the day during his vacations when a near-fatal accident reawakens his power in front of the royal court.

His mystical abilities aren't the only revelation. An incomplete prophecy convinces Ezekiel that there is an impending threat within his universe.

A celestial instability grows stronger each day, just as his powers do.

Now, he must battle against a scheming grandfather who despises him, and the other nobles who crave to learn the secrets of his power and the prophecy without endangering their lives.

But Ezekiel's biggest challenge is evading the bitterness and darkness inside him threatening to implode with a force as catastrophic as the stars.

INTERVIEW WITH THE WRITER

What inspired you to create the Amethyst Series? Were there any specific influences or experiences that sparked the idea?

The very basic idea stemmed from Harry Potter and Winx. The blend of magical creatures and the magic school and the curse. My sister and I used to play our own version of Harry Potter and Winx when we were kids, and I was so fascinated by the story we started that I wanted to develop it further.

How do you keep track of all the details in your series?

I have a separate fact sheet where I keep all the details in. Apart from that, I try to memorise most of the details on my own, plus my readers and writer friends also help when we discuss about the story.

Do you have a favorite character in your series?

While I love love love the protagonist, if I had to pick a favourite, it would be Aureus. I put in a lot of my own traits into him, and I love that he has such a soft, sometimes impractical heart. He's my precious baby.

When you started the first book, did you already know it would be a series?

Yes, I did plan out the entire story in my head. Of course it wasn't nearly as well developed as it became later on. But without my lovely readers and fellow writers supports I wouldn't ever be able to finish it. The epic magical story had so many elements after all!

Do real-life people, events, or incidents inspire your writing?

Absolutely! Like stated above, Aureus is a lot of me. And I feel that's something I tend to do a lot. Put different aspects of myself into my characters- just amplified it to a hundred. I do have other people I base characters on, like how a lot of Zeke is based on a very close writer friend of mine. Most of it perhaps occurs subconsciously.

Do you have any advice for your fellow writers on starting a series?

It's a huge commitment and staying dedicated during the long run is hard. Get a writer buddy, someone whose story you can read and who can read your story and provide ongoing insights to each other. Write down the major details of your story in a separate document. You'll have to keep referring to it multiple times. And most of all write to tell your own story. You have a beautiful story you want others to hear. And to that end, don't give up.

STORIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER:

Amethyst 1. Inception

Amethyst 2. Embark

Amethyst 3. Transcend

Amethyst 4. Ascend