zeus pooks is a lil paranoid

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

BOOK ONE

CHAPTER FIVE.

❝ zeus is being crazy! ❞

THE APOLLO cabin basked in the soft morning light, casting a warm glow on the sleeping demigods. aria, lost in the realm of dreams, felt a gentle touch on her shoulder. slowly, her eyes fluttered open to find annabeth standing beside her bunk.

"morning," annabeth greeted with a faint smile. "chiron needs to see you. it's important."

aria groaned, not quite ready to part ways with her dreams. "can't it wait until the sun is higher in the sky?"

annabeth chuckled. "i wish it could, but it's urgent apparently. percy and grover are already on their way to the big house. get up."

with a begrudging nod, aria swung her legs over the edge of the bunk and began to rouse herself. as she hastily pulled on her camp t-shirt and tied her hair into a haphazard ponytail, annabeth leaned against the cabin door frame and observed her with a keen eye.

"so, how are you holding up after yesterday's little showdown in the dining hall?" annabeth asked, her tone a mix of concern and curiosity.

aria glanced up, meeting annabeth's gaze. there was a pause, a moment of consideration, before aria let out a small sigh. "i'm fine. it's not the first time i've had to deal with unwanted attention or a scuffle. i can handle it."

annabeth nodded, a meddling look present on her face. "it just seemed like a pretty intense situation. percy jumped in pretty quickly to help you."

aria's expression shifted, a subtle blend of gratitude and irritation. "yeah, well, he's got this hero complex. thinks he needs to save everyone."

annabeth raised an eyebrow, a hint of scepticism in her gaze. "and you don't appreciate the help?"

aria paused, her fingers flexing in and out of a fist position. "i appreciate the sentiment. i just don't need anyone fighting my battles for me. i've been doing just fine on my own."

as the conversation lingered on the edge of unspoken tension, annabeth decided to change the subject. "well, chiron needs you. go see what's so urgent."

aria nodded, letting the matter rest for the time being. the two demigods left the cabin, the morning sun now departing as it made room for storm clouds. annabeth parted from the brunette, making her way over to the training grounds.

as aria approached the big house, the structure revealed itself in all its grandeur. the aged columns, weathered by years of camp history, stood tall and proud. ivy climbed the sides, weaving a tapestry of green against the weathered wood. the entrance beckoned her with an air of authority, as if the very walls held the tales of countless quests.

inside, the atmosphere shifted. the room was spacious, with a high ceiling and a large circular table at its centre. maps, scrolls and artefacts adorned the walls, each item telling a story of past adventures. the scent of aged wood and faint traces of ancient magic lingered in the air.

chiron stood near the table, a centaur of great wisdom and gentle authority. on his left, mr d lounged on a makeshift throne, his expression one of disinterest as he sipped from a can of diet coke. 

as aria entered, percy and grover were already present, a sense of curiosity etched on their faces. the trio exchanged glances, a silent problem solving session of trying to figure out who had gotten them in trouble. aria bet 50 drachmas that it was percy.