fooled you cant get fooled again

₊ ⊹ book four ˎˊ˗

chap one!

٠ ࣪⭑

❝ a fool that you used to trust. ❞

 ★⋆.˚ AS NICO stormed off further into the camp, his once child-like features now looked similar to the pensive look that had always seemed to haunt Bianca's face. His eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes were a cloudy colour, and the mouth that had once rejoiced being a demigod, now twisted into one of reject.

Were all these children destined to the same tragic fate?

To the near and up-coming path of resentment, that no matter how hard you try, you can never truly walk off? 

The world around Percy seemed to blur. The forest looked like a mob of monsters, the cabins looked like jail cells, and the one face that he only ever wanted to see was nowhere.

Why hadn't he done more to save Bianca? Why had his hero complexity not come in at the one time he actually needed it? 

Why had he been thrown into a world of children condemned to the awful fate that their parents would never experience?  

The boy's feet felt heavy as he trudged back through the camp, his sight on one thing and one thing only.

The Apollo cabin.

Golden laurels and golden hair flickered all around the wooden beams, the bustling of the young demigods creating such a ruckus that the son of Poseidon almost felt tempted to turn around. He needed Aria right now though, and that was enough to keep him going, the boy taking steady intakes of breaths in order to pacify his racing heart. Nico's screams still rung in his ears, and if he listened hard enough to the beating of his heart and the gentle lulls of the trees, he could almost hear Bianca too. 

Opening the door to the Apollo cabin was like opening the gates to heaven. And Percy didn't just say that because Aria was in there. The light that shone through the door was blinding, and the son of Poseidon had to shield his eyes from the harsh glare of the beams that seemed to emanate off Aria's siblings. They looked up from their work suspiciously. 

There was silence for a moment. 

"Hey," Percy greeted awkwardly, raising a shaking hand. "Do you guys know where Aria is?"

The Apollo children looked at each other, as if just remembering their sister existed. 

"Oh," said one of them, putting their paintbrush down gently. "She told me she was out in the woods."

Percy raised an eyebrow. What was Aria doing in the woods? She hated trees. 

"Okay," he replied, a hint of confusion in his tone. "Thanks."

The kids nodded and went back to their work, feeble hands returning to their previous activities. Percy walked out of the cabin, unsure of where to go to next. 

The sight of a chocolate eyed girl caught his attention. 

"Annabeth!" he exclaimed, jogging over to the girl who was holding a book in her hands.