Chapter 4: Yu Niang

Since that incident, Zhu Yuandi had not returned to Wudang Mountain, and people in the martial world were talking about it.

"Have you heard?"

"Heard what?"

"I heard that that kid Zhang Zikun had a falling out with Wudang's Immortal, Immortal Shi! They say he hasn't been to Wudang for a long time!"

"Is that so?"

"I heard that Zhang Zikun got into trouble with Immortal Shi because he was trying to plead for leniency for an inner disciple who violated the sect's rules!"

"Really? What did that inner disciple do to violate the rules?"

"They say that the disciple was caught engaging in a private relationship with a woman, which goes against Wudang's rules for inner disciples!"

"Isn't it true that Wudang doesn't allow inner disciples to have such private relationships with women?"

"That's right! It's said that Zhang Zikun caused a big scene in the Three Purities Hall over this matter and was eventually tied up and taken back to Pengcheng Manor by Count Zhang!"

"I never thought Zhang Zikun would have a day when he'd be tied up like that!"

"But you know, Zhang Zikun is the second Young Master of the Pengcheng Manor, and it's said that Immortal Shi didn't ultimately punish that disciple who violated the rules."

"What happened to that disciple later?"

"I heard that the rule-breaking disciple was brought back to Pengcheng Manor by Count Zhang and became the Manor's tutor! But these are just some rumors, and the Wudang sect is keeping quiet about what really happened."

"Ah, so it's all just gossip, not very interesting."

On this day, Zhu Yuandi arrived at the once prestigious Gu Family Manor, the foremost aristocratic family in the Central Plain.

The Gu Family Manor was situated atop the Central Plain, surrounded by picturesque mountains, with the landscape creating a harmonious interplay of nature. In the past, the main building of the Gu Family Manor had soared into the clouds, exuding an extraordinary presence. The gardens were adorned with bamboo groves, lush flora, and an atmosphere of tranquil serenity. Ponds within the estate shimmered with clear blue water, adorned with vibrant lotus flowers and shaded by lush trees, while small bridges added to the scenic beauty. Every building within the Gu Family Manor exuded an aura of antiquity and elegance, with intricate brick, wood, and stone carvings that left onlookers in awe.

However, today, the Gu Family Manor lay in ruins. The main building was dilapidated, the courtyards overgrown and desolate. The former grandeur had faded away, leaving only remnants of broken bricks and walls, a sight that evoked deep lamentation.

Behind the Gu Family Manor was an expansive grassy lawn, at the end of which stood a solemn graveyard. It was the resting place of the ancestors of the Gu family and also where Gu Ruozhi and his wife were buried.

Zhu Yuandi walked slowly into the Gu Family ancestral graveyard. She stood before the gravestone of Gu Ruozhi and his wife, gazing at the inscribed names with a profound sorrow on her face. "Mr. Gu, Mrs. Gu, so many years have passed. Are you both doing well? I've come to see you. Perhaps you don't recognize me, but that's okay; recognizing you is enough for me. I know you had a deep affection for Junior Grandmaster, who was not only your pride but also the person you loved most. Unfortunately, he's no longer by your side. However, please know that he has been working tirelessly to become a better person."