Chapter two

(REWRITTEN)

I swing open the front door to the house, making my way through to the kitchen, only to be greeted by the familiar sight of my father and good friend jj sitting at the counter.

Although jj works for my father, just doing general manual work and such, him and my dad actually have a pretty good relationship.

Especially for a kook and a pogue, even more for a pogue who works for a kook.

"Hey" I greet the two men cheerily as I enter the kitchen, making them both look over to me and smile.

"Hey honey, have a nice time at the Cameron's?" My dad asks, I smile a little and nod.

"What's up doofus" jj greets me with a playful grin, making me roll my eyes and shove his arm softly.

"How's the prince of outer banks doing?" He adds, making me shoot him a look.

"Rafe is fine" I chuckle as I take a seat on a stool next to him.

"I dunno what you're still doing with him, he's such an ass" jj snickers.

I can't help but agree with him in my head, but I won't give him the satisfaction of being right.

"I wouldn't say rafe is all that bad, he seems like a nice boy" my dad chimes in, making me purse my lips to stop myself from laughing, jj still snickering next to me like a child.

My dad doesn't seem to mind the Cameron kids, although rafe always puts on his fake, polite, rich boy attitude in front of my dad to impress him.

If only my dad knew what rafe was really like.

"Oh sir, the stories I've heard about rafe would change your mind... once I heard that he-" jj begins but I quickly cut him off before he can finish.

"jj!" I snap at him quickly, not wanting him to say anything bad about my boyfriend to my oblivious dad.

"He's a lovely boy sir" jj chuckles in playfully mocking tone, while giving me a look as if to say 'yeah right'.

I roll my eyes and elbow him playfully, stealing a sip of his coffee that's sat in front of him.

______________

After speaking to jj and my dad for a little, I shower and change into a simple white bikini, throwing a tight brown tank top over the top. Deciding to leave my damp hair out so it can dry in the sun.

I make my way down the stairs and out into the garden, my bare feet hitting the warm ground and the hot summer heat beaming down on me.

I lay myself down on a wooden sun lounger and relax as I feel the warmth soak my body.

I have a few hours left by myself until I have to go to Sarah's to get ready for toppers party, so I'm making the absolute most of it.

As I'm enjoying my own silence and peace out here, I hear the patio doors slide open behind me.

I don't even bother to turn to look, because in a matter of seconds jj is standing over me, looking down at me with a grin.

Now that's he's standing I take notice of his outfit, in typical jj fashion he's wearing a navy blue baggy tank top, which shows off his toned, tanned arms. Paired with a pair of cargo shorts, slightly marked up from whatever work he's being doing. On his face sits a pair of black aviator sunglasses.

"Can I help you?" I ask him with a grin, using my hand to shade my eyes from the sun as I look up at him.

"You looked like you needed some company and your dads away to the store" he replies while he walks over to the edge of the sun lounger I'm laying on, taking a seat.