Chapter thirty-four

"I really don't appreciate being dragged here" i tense up as jj leads me through the door of a random kook house

"I really don't appreciate being dragged here" i tense up as jj leads me through the door of a random kook house. Already crammed with people despite it only being just past nine pm.

"Stop worrying princess" he speaks loudly over the deafening music, his hand wrapped tightly around my wrist as we walk into the kitchen.

I let out a nervous sigh as we make our way over to the island in the middle of the room, covered in an array of different drinks.

My eyes scan the crowd cautiously, making sure I don't see him.

Thankfully he's nowhere to be seen, neither are his little posse.

"Here you go-" jj begins, his hand holding out a can of beer for me, but the red plastic cup that sits in my hand, already filled with a generous amount of vodka tells him I'm taking another approach tonight.

The absolute last thing I want to be feeling right now is sober. So if that means drinking straight liquor, so be it.

I swig back the drink without missing a second, the room temperature vodka feeling as if I'd just swallowed acid.

I let out a groan, my face wincing as I let out a cough.

"Easy Perez, we just got here" I hear John b from behind me, his words followed by a quiet chuckle while his hand slaps my back softly.

"I'm fine" I croak out, my voice cracking as I try clearing my throat to ease the burning sensation still lingering.

"You look it" jj jokes, taking the cup out of my hand and replacing it with the beer he originally got for me.

"Just try enjoy yourself. Okay?" A warm, reassuring smile on his lips.

"Okay" I agree, letting out a shaky breath before cracking open the can.

______

An hour or so has passed and the music has only gotten louder and the house only getting busier by the minute.

fortunately the copious amount of alcohol I've drank has seemed to dull my anxieties. The feeling of wanting to swallow myself whole slowly disappearing after every god awful shot.

"I wanna danceee" I shake jj gently, a drunken smile plastered across my face.

"Then dance we shall" he replies in a fake British accent, seemingly just as intoxicated as I am.

We look at John b and Pope who are standing beside us, both of them instantly shaking their heads in unison.

"Nope"

"Not gonna happen"

"Guess it's just the two of us, m'lady" jj grins, the pink tint on his cheeks progressively becoming more and more prominent.

"Enough with the accent" I giggle as we walk side by side towards the living room. Our shoulders knocking against each other's as we squeeze through the horde of teenagers jamming up the hallway.