030. ᴏʀᴅɪɴᴀʀʏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ

⭒❃

⭒❃.✮:▹

Arabella, Elena, Damon and Alaric were making their way through the tunnels Damon discovered yesterday with Mason's help. Who surprisingly didn't want to get revenge on the Salvatore for killing him.

"So the Lockwood's really have no idea these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena asked, as long as she had know the Lockwood's, she had never heard them mention anything about secrets tunnels. They should have know about it, right?

"Yeah. Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate light."

"Ugh I hate bats." Arabella muttered. "Ironically enough."

Elena stifled a laugh.

"Wait what?"

"Elena." A voice whispered. One Arabella recognized as Damon's. Elena jumped as she turned around, shining the light right in Damon his face, before pushing him.

"God, Damon."

"Scardy-cat."

"Just ignore him." Alaric said. "That's what I do."

"So you really can't get in?" Elena asked after she sighed at the Salvatore's childish behavior.

"No, it seems even the ancient Lockwood's were anti-vampire." Damon answered as he walked passed the Gilbert.

"What do you mean ancient?"

"See for yourself." Damon joined Arabella who stood still.

"This is as far as we get to go."

Elena walked inside to find all kind of drawings.

"As far as I can tell, it's a story. It's simple archeological terms, it's a really, really old story." Alaric pointed this flashlight a little to their right. "That right there is a moon cycle. A man. A wolf."

"A werewolf." Elena realized.

"Yeah. It's the Lockwood diaries. Pictionary-style." Damon said.

"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwood's came here with the original founders in the 1860s."

"Well, maybe the Lockwood's did but according to this wall these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that." Alaric explained.

"How long?" Elena asked.

"Long. Gets better. Show them, Ric." Arabella turned to Damon confused but Damon just nudged his head in the direction the history teacher was making his way over.

"Names. And they're not native. They're written in runic. A viking script."

"Vikings?"

"You're kidding me." Arabella muttered, of course this was it.