042. ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ɢᴏ ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇ

⭒❃

⭒❃.✮:▹

Klaus Mansion

"Killed Mary Porter didn't you, Kol?" Arabella asked her best friend through the phone as she stepped inside the Mikaelson mansion. 

"Always up to date with the gossip, aren't you darling?" Kol asked with an amused smirk on his face.

"Yeah, when am I not, Kol?" Arabella asked with a roll of her eyes as she entered the room where Niklaus was in. "Kol, I've gotta go." She spoke to him before ending the call and putting her phone away in her pocket. "Bit dark don't you think?" Arabella asked as she looked at the painting Klaus had been painting before she walked inside.

"What, my angel?" The Original asked her confused. 

She nodded her head towards the painting.

"It's not finished yet." Klaus replied to her.

"Not finished yet? Klaus that canvas is black." She even doubted if there was still even a little spot white.

"That's the intention." Klaus smirked at her but his gaze turned to annoyed when his sister entered the room, interrupting his talk with his mate. "What took you so long?"

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake. Luckily I'm quite the charmer." Rebekah replied as she showed him the last stake.

"That's it?" Klaus asked with a smile

"Last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors, or shall I?" She handed her brother the stake. He quickly took it from here before throwing it into the fireplace besides him.

"Well, that's that, then."

"Pack your bags. We're leaving." Klaus said, stopping his sister from leaving the room and causing Arabella to look up, surprised.

"Today?" The blonde Original asked surprised.

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll take Arabella with us, grab the doppelganger and be off by sunset."

"Excuse me! Ever heard of free will, Klaus?" She asked.

And Rebekah seemed to agree with her friend. "But tonight's the decade dance."

"So?" 

"So I'm head of the committee. We have to go." 

"I'm not going to any dance."

"Arabella will be there." Rebekah said in a last attempt to make him go to the dance.

"Don't you bribe him, Bekah." Arabella said, taking her leave immediately.

"Okay, fine. One last hurrah." Klaus said, his eyes following Arabella leave.

"One last hurrah, Nik." Rebekah said, smiling.

⭒❃.✮:▹

Mystic Falls High School

Caroline, Elena and Arabella were walking through the gym hall, which was being decorated for the 20s Decade Dance. Caroline had a clipboard in her hands because she was in charge of the preparations as Rebekah seemed to be missing. Well missing would be a big word, since Arabella saw her this morning and she looked perfectly fine.