Ch. 2

Ishan's heart was racing as he ran towards the grand mansion of the zamindar.

He knew he was taking a huge risk, but he had no other choice.
He knew that the zamindar was a cruel man, but he had no other choice.

As he reached the mansion's gates, he began to plead with the guards to let him see the zamindar.

"Ek baar Jane dijiye, bas ek baar bhaiya, humari behen hai andar bas ekbar Jane dein"
Ishan cried out.

But they simply laughed at him and pushed him away, telling him that the zamindar had no time for poor villagers like him.

"Are hum tumhe Jane de aur apna naukri gawaye kya?"

Desperate, Ishan tried to think of another way to save his sister.

That's when he saw a boy , Tall, good-looking, wearing shirt, pants and boots, walking towards the gate.

"Wo dekh zamindar ka beta , usse jake puch"
One guard suggested, feeling slightly bad for Ishan's condition.

"Are unhe achese samajh thodi ayega, wase to adhe samay angrezi me baat karte hai."

"Wo to hai, Hindi  kam samajhte hai thoda"

Ishan looked at the man.

He does have the Britisher's traits.

As he saw him approaching the gate,
Without thinking, Ishan fell to his knees and begged him.

"Please, sir, I beg of you, let my sister go. Take me instead, I will work for you for the rest of my life. Just please, don't sell her off,"
he pleaded, his voice trembling with emotion, tears streaming down his cheeks.

Shubman was taken aback by the sight of the young boy pleading with him.

"Who are you?"

"I, I am a poor villager, please we couldn't pay the tax so our parents abandoned my sister, please I beg you sir she is too young, take me, sir. I will be your slave for the rest of my life."

Ishan cried out desperately.

Shubman took a minute to observe the boy.

"Are kisne ise ghusne Diya idhar? Nikalo!"
The zamindar sternly ordered.

"Wait a minute baba" shubman turned towards his dad.

"I want this boy"

"What do you mean, my son" the zamindar said, confused by his son.

"He offered himself instead of his sister, he offered to be my slave for the rest of life. I can't let that chance go." Shubman smirked.

" Baba, apko nahi lagta, I should have some fun too? After I am bored, I will throw him away"

The zamindar smirked, looking at his son.

"As you wish, my son. Itne din baad tum yaha ayeho, itna to kar hi sakte Hain hum"

Shubman looked down at him, holding his chin up harshly.

"And to ruin his life forever, I will marry him"