Ch. 16

Shubman opened his eyes, yawning. He looked around him. Well it was still midnight.

That's when he felt someone stir next him, snuggling in more. Shubman looked down to see a sleeping Ishan, basically clinging onto him.

Shubman smiled at him, wrapping his arms around the smaller frame. Ishan smiled in his sleep.

"Guess you are sleeping well today, sunshine"
Shubman lightly traced his finger along his cheekbone to move the soft hair locks away, Shubman smiled wider leaning a bit to take a closer look of the innocent face.

Slight long lashes, cute nose, fluffy pretty hair, pinkish lips with line of faint moustache adoring his rosy cheeks.

Beautiful

Not a new word that Shubman had thought about Ishan.

Then, is Shubman falling?

He is.

Even though he never thought he would fall in love, it wasn't in his list. But he fell when came in contact with this pretty and genuine soul, the innocent giggles , happy smile wrinkles and blushy cheeks.
His heart skipped everytime  a melodious voice called out "Shubi!"

Hell, it's impossible to not fall.

Shubman is most likely, crossing the boundaries.

But he can't. Not according to his own boundaries that he set for this arrangement. He promised himself he would take care of Ishan and make him successful, help him make his own name. He wanted to set Ishan free... Not to bind him in the maze of marriage or love. He wants Ishan to explore, the world , the people and Shubman would be right beside him to protect him from all the toxicity....that too as long as Ishan wants him to.

And Shubman? he can't let Ishan fall for him, especially not after he committed himself in a certain something. He can't hurt Ishan anyhow.

I got the taste of love, that's enough for me. You are always free to go anywhere.

Shubman placed a feathery peck on his forehead before unwrapping his arm from Ishan, going back to hold his hand like before.

He moved himself a bit away from Ishan and tried to fall asleep.

"Shu-" Ishan stopped , looking at Shubman who was currently very much  concentrated on writing something. Ishan raised his eyebrows, he carefully tip-toes to him, making sure to not make any sound.

"Boo!" Ishan says to his ear, making Shubman jolted up, "oh!"

Ishan laughs, finding his reaction way too funny.
"Revenge taken! You are such a scaredy cat!"

"Anyone would be scared!" Shubman replied.

"Hehe, but what were you writing?"
Ishan tries to see the chit.

"Nothing important" Shubman quickly shoves the chit in his pocket.

"Phir aap dhyaan se kyu likh rahe the?"

"That is um, something from press! Anyway we are getting late Ishan let's go" Shubman sat up and took his bag.

Ishan blinked , "okay.."

Ishan came out of his department with Aditi, looking for a certain someone waiting for him in the gate.

Ishan was about to bid Aditi goodbye when Aditi said, "Where is Shubman? That's just dada standing "

Ishan look at the gate, well right.. that's only Abhishek.

"Um... Then I will be going Ishan. I think Shubman is late... See you tomorrow Ishan" Aditi smiled, Ishan smiled back.

"Yes He might be late, go safely Aditi"

Aditi quickly walked up to Abhishek, well being with Ishan too much isn't going much well for her.

"Bon, tell him we will drop him home today, Shubman has some work he can't come"
Abhishek said.

Aditi went to Ishan to tell him that.

Ishan frowned, "Itna kya busy hai?"he mumbled to himself.

"Sorry Ishan I had some urgent work " Shubman said after coming back home.

"It's okay shubi" Ishan smiled

Shubman quickly moved to his study room.

Ishan walked by the study room, then he stepped back peeking through the window.

"Churail kahiki" Ishan snorted, showing his tongue to sara who was busy finding some book in the bookshelf.

Then eyes caught shubman, sneakily putting a piece of folded paper within the pages of a book.

Wait.

Isn't that Sara's book?

And .... Isn't that the same chit that Shubman was writing this morning?

Ishan's heart dropped.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey bhagwan bas merese ye padhai wadhai aur nahi ho rahi 🙏😭

-----------------------------------------------------Hey bhagwan bas merese ye padhai wadhai aur nahi ho rahi 🙏😭