CHAPTER Ⅱ

SONG TITLE: escape from skull shoresᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

My head popped above the water, both arms reached, landing on the hard wooden boat. ʻʻLittle help?ʼʼ I asked. I lifted I tail to indicate why I needed help.

The two males stared at me. The bigger male with a bag over his head inched closer to me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the boat.

I stared at your tail I'm the water ʻʻsorry to bother but, can you...help me find my friends?ʼʼ the older male Looked puzzled.

He snapped out of his thoughts ʻʻof course! What can we do to help?ʼʼ I exhaled.

I explained to the men what had occurred and gave then directions to where you last seen the group of monsters.

The man seemed excited to find my friends, I found it weird but, I was more focused on finding my friends.

over there!

I jolted  awake by Kipling shouting. I found out the older man's name was Bartleby farnum and that he is some sort of show person.

The other guy didn't share much information about him just his first name. Bartleby looked at each individual monster with a hand held telescope  ʻhideous monstersʼ he thought looking at their specific features.

ʻfangs, wolf ears, and screws!ʼ Their shouts were very distant but i was unable to comprehend some words.

ʻʻthats them!ʼʼ I relax a little knowing my friends looked alright. Kipling drove the boat closer to their left over cruise

ʻʻ[name]!ʼʼ  Lagoon shouted as he jumped onto the boat, the boat was now close enough to the platform.

Lagoon embraced me in a tight hug ʻʻyou're okay right?ʼʼ he asked, his aussie accent strong. I nodded ʻʻim fine. You?ʼʼ he exhaled deeply.

ʻʻi'm fineʼʼ Franklin placed his stitched hand on my shoulder ʻʻwe all areʼʼ he reassured.

ʻʻwe were so worried about you!ʼʼ Dacian shouted rushing to me. He hugged me tightly with small tears in the corner of his eyes.

I could feel my ribs breaking ʻthat must be his vampire strengthʼ as if sensing my distress Claws pulled Dacian off of me allowing space for my ribcage to expand.

Bartleby popped up from behind you. ʻʻWell, welcome to my humble boat!ʼʼ Bartleby welcomed the group of monsters. Christian picked up a rusty bird cage and stared at it with disgust. ʻʻwhat exactly do you do?ʼʼ he asked.

Bartleby seemed more on edge with those words ʻʻwhat do I do?ʼʼ he repeated Christian question.

ʻʻI sell things, I buy things, I buy them and sell, I get things and turn them Brand new!'ʼ he danced around the boat like a mad man causing all the monsters to stare at him strangely. ʻʻBut most importantly sir, I entertain!ʼʼ

his cane top popped open with nothing coming out. He shook his cane harsly. After a few hits to the ground miniature fire works zoomed through the sky and exploded causing a beautiful show for the monsters.

Claps and cheers were heard on the boat. ʻʻum excuse me but,ʼʼ Lagoon walked up to Bartleby. He looked at the sea creature ʻʻDo you think you can help us get to the great scarrier reef?ʼʼ Lagoon asked.

ʻʻwhy of course...ʼʼ Bartleby jerked when he looked at the Frankenstein on the boat. He pointed at the Frankenstein ʻʻy-you look just like!...ʼʼ Franklin looked confused.

Bartleby looked back at Lagoon ʻʻwait-wait we have to make a quick stopʼʼ Lagoon furrowed his eyebrows. ʻʻI don't know I think its best to get to our destination as fast as we canʼʼ Lagoon mentioned.

The female sea creature came from behind Lagoon, she placed her webbed hands on the males shoulders ʻʻplease Lagoon, it would be a nice break from that Kraken attackʼʼ she pleaded. The other monsters pleaded to take a break from their traveling. With a lot of pleads Lagoon gave in. ʻʻfineʼʼ he rolled his fish eyes.

ꜰʀɪɢʜᴛꜱ

The group of monsters stared up ahead at the large skull like rock ʻʻI wonder how long it took to make thatʼʼ I softly spoke. Amir scoffed ʻʻI can build that in two minutes.ʼʼ Amir announced proudly. I chuckled at the yeti.

As Amir and I were talking, Claws and Dacian were arm wrestling. The match ended quickly with Dacians body laying down while free arm repeatedly tapped the wood surface showing signs of forfeiting.

I noticed everyone else on the boat, seeing them happy makes me more calm. The Frankenstein and sea creature seemed engaged in the water while the Ghoulie, the zombie was taking pictures of everything.

I soft smile grew on my face when I saw Christian and Gil conversing. It's nice Gil gained a ʻFriendʼ.

ʻʻno, I get it [name] very pretty and kind I would totally follow her like a lost dog too.ʼʼ Christian had a evil grin on his face.

He felt really amused at Gil's gloomy state ʻʻwhat do you want Christian?ʼʼ the mummy looked at his blood red nails. ʻʻnothing just curious of how you think about [name].

You know she's way higher than you in the social sceneʼʼ he chuckled. He raised both hands, his left higher than his right comparing [name]'s and Gil's status.

ʻʻAnd you are at the bottom. She would totally be interested in someone who is afraid of the oceanʼʼ Christian faked gasp

ʻʻoh wait she's from the oceanʼʼ Christian walked away from Gil already dissatisfied with Gil's same gloomy response.

At that moment Gil realized why the guy's hate him so much

Jealousy

ꜰʀɪɢʜᴛꜱ—

———————————————————

———————————————————