CHAPTER IV

SONG TITLE: escape from skull shores⁴

°It's weird. All of these statues look like-°

Ironically--I was fanning Christian with a cartoon-ish fanning leaf. Christian sat on a rock with his hand on his chest ʻʻ It wasn't that bad ʼʼ I stopped fanning.

We recently finished cooking and cleaning for the party later tonight-Christian asked me to fan him because apparently cleaning is the worst thing a monster could do.

His eye twitched ʻʻ Not that bad?! ʼʼ he dramatically huffed. I shook my head and chuckled a little. The small interaction was cut short, a high pitch voice shouted from a far ʻʻ There you guy's are! ʼʼ Dacian waved, Claws trailed behind him.

I dropped the leaf and walkd towards the two monsters ʻʻ Hey, [name] ʼʼ Claws nodded at me. My face felt warm ʻʻHey-so, what chores did you have to do? ʼʼ

I scolded myself for the awkward response. Dacian jumped a bit ʻʻ Oh, we did some decorating and it was totes fun! ʼʼ Claws nodded in agreement.

ʻʻ Decorating? ʼʼ I was startled by the harsh voice behind me ʻʻ Decorating! They made ME cook and clean! ʼʼ Christian said.

Dacian and Claws looked at each other and held their laughs. Christian notices and became offended ʻ Are you laughing at me? ʼʼ Claws waved his hands dismissively.

ʻʻ No! Pfft--okay yeah!ʼʼ It seemed difficult to get that sentence out because of his uncontrollable laughter. Dacian lowered his pink parasol in attempt to hide his smiling face.

○○○

Lagoon--rolled his eyes, he was paired with Gil to collect some fruit for the party and the whole time they were together, Gil kept pestering him with questions and worries. ʻʻ What if when we get to where we're going, we get eaten by a shark? ʼʼ Gil asked.

Lagoon dropped his fruit basket ʻʻ Sea creatures coexist with them, we'll be fine and we are just going to an island ʼʼ Lagoon's voice was laced with irritation.

Lagoon picked the fruit basket up along with the dropped fruits. Gil noticed a statue covered in Leaves and vines.

He pulled each vine off and pulled of leaves in handfuls-under close inspection the sculpture looked a lot like Franklin, a bit too alike.

ʻʻ Hey Lagoon- ʼʼ A groan came from the said sea creature. ʻʻ Doesn't this sculpture look familiar to you? ʼʼ Gil turned to him. Curious Lagoon walked to Gil with his eyes on the Sculpture.

ʻʻ Franklin? ʼʼ Lagoons eyebrows furrowed. ʻʻ But, why would this island have statues of him? ʼʼ Lagoon stared in thought-He weirdly thought of the conversation he had with Kipling the other day.

ʻ maybe Bartleby would know...ʼ Lagoon placed a hand on Gil's shoulder ʻʻ You know what, you made yourself useful, mate-c'mon ʼʼ

●●●