💙We get there.💙

We get to our hotel late at night in California time. It's dreary but not raining or wet, cold enough to see your breath-but not enough to be shivering.

 I'm wearing a nice green T-shirt that Max helped me pick out and some black leggings.

Walker texted me earlier to tell me his room was right across from mine and my room was next to Nico's.

I get Nico settled in his room then I find Walkers room.

Today 3:58PM

babywalkietalkie: hey ik you're probably not gonna see this rn but I really miss you. Oh and also YOUR ROOM IS RIGHT ACROSS FROM MIIIINNEEEE! (You're also next to Nico dw) :))

y/n: I miss you too. YAY! I'll be there soon! 😽

babywalkietalkie: help the cat emoji 💀

babywalkietalkie: wait it's lowkey fun 😻😻

Today 10:03PM

Y/n: open your door!!

babywalkietalkie: ONE SEC OTW SWEETHEART 

"Hey!" He says as he pulls me into a tight hug. He smells amazing. I nestle my face into his hoodie.

"Mmm, you smell good." I tell him as I breathe him in. I feel him breathe in my scent too but he doesn't say anything.

He pulls his head back and looks down at me. "Dude! Why are you in a t-shirt?!"

"It's California! It's supposed to be warm!" I defend myself but his hoodies already coming off.

"That doesn't mean the hotel isn't cold!" He says under the fabric.

He gets it off and shoves it in my hands. "Thanks." I say.

"No problem-o" he laughs and I laugh too.

"Okay, Nico was desperate to meet you. Will you meet him?" I ask.

"Um, YES! I've been waiting to meet your family forever." I pull him towards Nicos room by the hand.

I knock and Nico opens in.

"Oh my gosh. You're taller then I expected." Nico says out loud.

Walker and I both laugh. 

"Hi Nico." Walker smiles at him.

Nico looks up at him. "Hi Walker!"

"You wanna play fortnight together?" Nico quickly follows up with.

Walker looks at me for approval and I nod, Nico needs someone other than me to talk to stuff about. 

"Sure!" He says and Nico pulls him inside.

I go to my room and begin unpacking.

 I put all my clothes away, put my toothbrush, toothpaste, and hairbrush away.

Walker walks into my room a few minutes later and shuts the door behind him.

"Okay, I think he likes me!" He says excitedly.

"Oh that's great!" I say as he walks over to me.

He puts his hands on my cheeks. "It's weird, it's like hanging out with a mini you. Expect he's a guy and stuff." He laughs.

"I mean we did grow up together." I laugh too.

"Yeah, but I can like, what's the phrase...see you in him, you know? Like I can tell by how he acts that he had you as an influence. It's really cool. There need to be more kids with you as a role model. Makes 'em smart and nice." He smiles at me.

I just smile back at him. I was so worried living with just Aunt Kellen was going to make him mean and stuff. I feel chocked up.

"It's really  nice to hear you say that." Suddenly I'm in his arms and he's giving me the tightest hug he ever has.

He doesn't pressure me to say anything, he just holds me. I feel him draw in a long breath.

"Okay, I'm gonna ask you something. You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, I don't want you to get uncomfortable." He says and pulls back his head, but his hands don't leave my body.

"Okay." I say, what is he gonna ask me?

"Have you been smoking?" He looks genuinely concerned. My eyebrows shoot up and my eyes open wide. 

"W-what?! No! Why?" Most of it's true, but I can't deflect questions for shit. I know why.

"You smell like you, obviously-but your hair smells like smoke. So either you stood behind the plane engine, or you were smoking. Or Nico was-but, but I think he's safe to rule out with...you know." He looks at me apologetically.

"Yeah, Nicos lungs are weak I couldn't smoke around him. My aunt um kind of...does though." I cross my arms but he leaves his hands on my shoulders.

"Let's go for a walk." He says and pulls out a spare hoodie. He throws it on and takes me outside.

(Listen to Sweater Weather if y'all gonna wanna feel this)

"I wanna talk. You can listen or reply, either is fine." He says and holds my hand.

I nod at him. "You don't seem like you were a few days ago. You smell like smoke, and I see the mark on your cheek. I wasn't going to question it, because I thought it was a cute little y/n leaning too hard on your hand thing." He takes a breath and I see him let it out in the cold air.

"I love you so much, and I need to make sure you're okay. I love you so I also love Nico. I need to make sure he's healthy. Both of you are so important to me y/n." He gives my hand a squeeze.

He takes a deep breath in, he's about to say something important.

"And that's why I don't want you living there anymore. The smoke is gonna fuck with Nico, and your mental state is gonna decline like...rapidly." He draws another breath in and looks at me.

"That's why...that's why..."

"I want you to live with me."

I pulled a Peeta 'if it weren't for the baby/she came here with me' Mellark guys 😻😻

what do y'all think of this plot line so far? It'll either make this book go for a longer time or if y'all don't like it it'll end the book sooooonnn 💗😾

Love you all so much 💗