Chapter 1

𖤓˖⁺‧₊☽𓅨☾₊‧⁺˖𖤓

First person

After analysing the book, I decided to follow the voice in my heart telling me to find this so called loop. It did frighten me a bit but what could I do? Live like nothing had happened? Impossible.

The loud sound of the horn, signaling the land ahead of us, tore me out of my thoughts. I hope this loop isn't too hard to find.

Once arrived, I got out of the boat and walked inland. The vegetation in this place was truly phenomenal. All these shades of green in the forest and the mesmerising wild flowers growing everywhere to bless people with their beauty.

My luggage started to be noticeable, so I stopped admiring my surroundings and dedicated my ganze in finding the one and only hostel on this island.

Thankfully the costs were manageable and after getting my room key I, moved my belongings upstairs. I hesitated in opening my suitcase and moving my clothes to make myself home. This shouldn't be my place to stay, the loop should be. As long as they don't kick me out...

After sitting on my bed to rest, I closed my eyes, just to open them immediately after. My curiosity together with my patiencelessness made me restless.

To be less suspicious, I climbed out of the window to get out. If I really managed to get to the loop, I might be staying for the night.

It's was about 7 in the evening when I left the light of the houses behind me. The sun was setting, but my vision was still perfect. I've always been good at adapting to different situations and also athletic.

I stoped moving when I heard the leaves rustling. My heart began to pump faster and adrenaline shot through my blood vessels.

The real anxiety overtook me as my vision began to change and my surroundings turned dark blue. Some yellowish and redish spots covered the ground. I've seen this, don't snakes see with infrared vision? I lovered my gaze to my hands, they were red and orange. Why did my body change?

The rustling in the leaves got louder and I watched to see what there was.

Scared I reacted and slightly blind I stumbled to hide behind a tree. The creature that was causing all the noise appreared behind all the blue.

An unbelievable tall figure appeared. It was only slightly greenish, so it's body heat wasn't very high, only warmer than the mild air.

My body was tense and ready to run or fight, but the creature continued walking in the direction, as if something was calling it. How creepy. It's long body and long legs were awkwardly moving to get up the hill. I almost laughed out loud.

When the noises were fully gone I closed my eyes for a moment to take a deep breath. When I opened my eyes again my vision was back to normal, so I started walking again. My thoughts distracted me from this situation. Weird, this had happened before, but the situations felt so unreal, that I just shrugged them off as an allusion. This was differen... This was real.

When I was younger my body used to change when I got scared or wanted to try something hard. I always thought it was my wild imagination, but sometimes my changes seemed so animal based.

I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't realise the cliff before me and as I tripped and stumbled forward I started to fall.

My mouth opened into a silent scream and I closed my eyes ready to hit the ground. Before closing my eyes a saw a pair of birds flying in the air. I wish I could fly was my last thought before I heard a rip.

I legs were dangling in the air and after a few seconds I realised that I couldn't possibly be still be falling. My ears detected the sound of Wings slowly and strongly beating in the air.

I hesitantly opened my eyes. Fresh air was being blown at the back of my neck. I slowly turned my head and my eyes whidened and the sight of large white wings with dark brown ends.

Am I dreaming? Suddenly the wings moved in an irregular pattern making me lose height again. Once again, I closed my eyes but this time I focused on the muscles I just felt.

Just like magic it worked and I managed to get me back to the cliff, not without at least five heart attacks.

The sun disappearing and her last rays turned the sky into an ensemble of pink, orange and light blue, leaking into the ocean underwater.

Some screams attracted my attention towards the beach under me.

Four children were running around, seemingly chasing each other. Children that far from the town and also that young... Could they be peculiars belonging to the loop?

The children where still giving sound of joy but further away. I fixated them, to try and make out some of the childrens features, that would match the descriptions of the book.

Suddenly I fell a few centimetres and my eyesight changed. It felt like I could zoom to the far distance. Four children, one had blonde hair and a periwinkle dress. Another one was... See through? More like invisible.

Quickly I tried to zoom back while reaching into my shoulder bag to take out my birthday book.

Millard Nullings - the invisible child

So they were the group that I searched! Hesitantly I looked down over the edge of the cliff, 40 - 50 meters of air waited for me until I would reach the ground.

I turn my head to look back, but sadly my wings are gone. Does that mean I could have an animal feature at a time, if I wanted to?

I closed my eyes and recalled the picture of the albatross with it's large white wings, with dark brown ends. rip. I realised that must have been my shirt, it had been looser the last time the wings disappeared. Hopefully my shirt won't fall off, when I detransform the wings again.

Slowly I walked to the edge and made a little jump to start the hoovering. Then I flew downwards, more like falling a recollecting. When I was almost down I stoped moving my wings and landed ungracefully, tripping and almost falling if my wings hadn't automatically started moving again.

Fascinated, I realised that I was being hold in a diagonally position. Then the moment ended and I fell into a pushup position, just to get up immediately. Hopefully no one saw this, how embarrassing.

Not knowing how to let the wings disappear, I began walking and awkwardly holding them upwards, so that they won't be dragged through the sand.

The sun was now completely engulfed by the ocean, while the sky was still painted it pink and orange shades.

Maybe now it was 6 or 6:30, probably dinner time. The entrance that the children used was now visible and Infront of me. Should I really do it? Of course! I needed to know more. First, because grandpa wanted it and second because I just found out that I was different and peculiar too. I needed to learn how to control it and this seemed like the perfect possibility to do so.

Sceptically, I moved closer to the hole on the massive rock. I entered it and expected something to happen, but nothing changed. Almost disappointed I continued to follow the tunnel.

An orangery light signalled the end of the tunnel. Relieved, I stepped into the ending day and in a beautiful landscape. Green bushes full of life and at the center of the amazing view, stood a large building. Was that the school?

--------------

A/n

First chapter. I recently watched the movie mphfpc again and was left completely fascinated by Alma. I know Tim swapped the names between Olive and Emma, so I'm going to change that. The ages are going to stay though.

I hope you liked it ^^