Chapter 2

𖤓˖⁺‧₊☽𓅨☾₊‧⁺˖𖤓

Second person

More than a little nervous you started heading towards the tall, school like building. What if they were mean or not welcoming or... You stopped yourself from overthinking any more. If they'd send you away, you would continue your normal life, like you did before your grandfather died and if they'd welcome you, you'll stay for a few days or so.

You didn't want to clarify the time in your head, because from the first step you took in this garden you were fascinated and felt drawn towards this place.

Slowly, admiring everything, you moved towards the construction. The door was now Infront of you and still you were almost... scared.

Then you quickly pressed the bell, before your thoughts would kill you. The silence that followed was almost unbearable, but you knew that they were awake because there were lights shining through the windows.
You heard someones heels and some funneling, then a woman opened the door, holding a crossbow.

Slightly intimidated, you studying her. Her black hair, with a few blue strands, was styled in an updo. To match her dark hair, she had darker eyeshadow around her iceblue eyes, it matched her pale skin perfectly. Her body was clothed in a tight woman suit and a longer skirt, that opened a bit and only reached until under her knees. All together this woman was simply breathtaking. Was this miss peregrine?

You noticed the lack of words so you broke the silence, "Um, are you Alma LeFay Peregrine?" She seemed a little startled by your arrival and slowly her arm holding the crossbow sank. "Yes, that is indeed my name, and you are..?" She asked. "Oh sorry, yea I'm y/n Portman." Her eyes widened ever so slightly. She was surprised by this young woman's arrival and her last name only made it more interesting, though she didn't want to show it, always trying to remain composed and professional. You still noticed due to her frequent blinking and how she gripped the crossbow harder, that her knuckles whitened a bit. She knew someone would arrive, but that it was this young woman... she had grown so much.

Still she couldn't help to mumure a name, you only caught the last name which was identical to yours. "Ar... Are you related to Abraham Portman by any chance?" You slightly smiled. "Yea, he was my grandfather, but.." you trailed off, not wanting to discuss these themes by the door.

She seemed to understand and disappeared quickly. When she came back, the crossbow was gone and she opened the house door to its full extent. "We are just about to eating dinner, if you would like to join us." She proposed. "That is really kind, I'd like to." You responded and went inside, not without cleaning your shoes at the mat Infront of you. Alma watched you attentively, trying to guess your thoughts.

She guided you to the dinner table, where you were greeted by many surprises looking faces.

"Children, this is Y/n Portman, please treat her with respect" Alma introduced you. The children just eyed you curiously.

"You can sit there" she pointed to the chair at the end of the table, she sat at the head, next to you and the girl with the blonde hair you saw earlier sat at your other side.

"Would you all introduce yourselves, please." She said.

She looked at the little girl next to her, she looked to the side. The blonde next to me turned. "she's always a little shy around new people because of her peculiarity"

You looked at the little girl. "Please, don't be" you said and smiled encouraging. "I'm Claire and I have a back mouth" she said with a low volume. "Wow, thats so cool." You responded. She smiled happily.

Next was an empty chair, was someone missing? You looked to the next chair but then a voice started speaking. "Hey, don't skip me." Your eyes widened a bit in confusion. You almost wanted to try the infra red vision again, but stopped yourself. What if you would fail miserably and embarrass yourself. " I'm Millard and as you cannot see I am invisible." You chucked slightly, "Oh, sorry, you really got me there. But that's actually so cool.... Wait, are you naked right now?" Silence. Everyone was slowly starting to get a smile on their face. "Um... Yea?" He answered. Everyone bursted out laughing, even ms Peregrine chuckled a little.