Chapter 4

𖤓˖⁺‧₊☽𓅨☾₊‧⁺˖𖤓

Your Pov

Slightly intimidated you followed her. The feeling of vulnerability fell off you with every step you took. You didn't like crying infront of others, as you always felt like they would judge you and would have that image of you in their mind every time they'd look at you.

Miss Peregrine infront of you walked fast and with certainty. You arrived at the kitchen, then entered a separate room with had a backdoor that would lead you to the garden. You wondered what she wanted to do.

She had already looked forward to this. She was curious but had retained herself from asking more questions as you were sitting by the table. She had almost reached the final destination.

You saw that her steps became shorter and then she finally stopped in the middle of a  grass area.

Around you there were bushes shaped into the most bizzar looking sculptures, while other seemed to look like normal animals or objects.

"So" she started. "Do you think you would be able to show me your peculiarity?" She asked.

"Umm.... I can try, but I can't promise anything. Today is the first day I actually started noticing these changes in me, as if this island had a special aura that strengthened my peculiarity. " You said a little embarrassed.

"I mean, just start with something easy, or would you prefer just talking about it for today?" She said, trying to encourage you.

"Alright" you said and placed your bag to the ground. You could see her eyes widened a bit as she saw the rips in your shirt at the back.

You wanted to transform your wings back on your back. Mentally you said goodbye to your shirt and imagined the albatross from before. No other bird was as big as them and to that, you didn't have a clear picture of any other bird in your mind.

You furrowed your eyebrows and felt how your shoulder blades slowly elongated to grow into wings. You heard Miss Peregrine gasp from beside you.

Slowly opening your eyes you twisted your neck to see if it worked. Your wings looked better that the two times before and you happily admired them. Then your gaze returned to rest on Miss Peregrine who looked impressed.

"And are these fully functional?"  She asked after she finished admiring them. You started moving them, stretching and twisting the wings, searching for the limits of your movement.
After getting accustomed you locked eyes with her again. She just stood there, fixating you and learning about your peculiarity. Then, with a few strong flaps you started hovering above the ground.

Her mouth was now slightly agape. You shot yourself into the night sky and with your gaining confidence, you tried doing a looping and succeeded. Then you slowly hovered above the ground before landing softly on the grass.

A sudden idea formed in you mind. "Miss Peregrine, would you mind helping me test out my limits?" She looked into your eyes, trying to find out what you ment. To answer that silent question, you stretched your hand out and her eyes dropped to that. Then they widened in understanding, but somehow she seemed to trust you when she slowly and gently place her hand in yours.

"Are you ok with me holding you tight?" You chuckled as you lightly cringed at your words. But she only stepped a little closer and smiled lightly at you. Your mind even tricked you into believing to see a little pink glowing on her cheeks. "Yes I am." She whisper into the dark.

Your hands trembled a little from anticipation. It was evident to you, that you already took a rather strong liking to this mysterious woman, stronger than from a friend to a friend.