Chapter 6 - A Really Bad Dream (Prequel Arc - Part 7)

Location: The Orphanage - Playtime Co.

No POV

Y/n: (Screams) Help! Somebody help us!

Hoppy: It's no use screaming for help, Y/n! Just keep running!

The two kids ran as fast as their legs can carry them until they ran up to the attic to hide themselves from the monsters that were chasing them.

Y/n: We should be safe here in the attic as long as we remain quiet.

???: Oh, I'm afraid that hiding spot is not gonna help you two hide away from us that easily.

Hoppy: Oh no! They found us!

Without warning, Catnap and the other Smiling Critters finally caught up to them as they went up to the attic while leaving a trail of the red gas behind them as the two kids are now cornered by the evil plush dolls.

CatNap: Join us, my friends! 

Bubba Bubbaphant: It won't hurt a bit! 

KickinChickin: It will be fun! 

Then CatNap unleashed his special transformative gas onto Y/n and Hoppy, only for Hoppy to push Y/n away from her before she started to transform into a Smiling Critter.

Y/n: Hoppy! Nooo!

Hoppy: I'll be okay, Y/n. Just get out of here while you still can! I.... can't....keep......myself.........from.......

Without a moment too soon, the transformation was complete as she became a green bunny plushie named Hoppy Hopscotch and she is already under the influence of CatNap and the Smiling Critters.

Hoppy Hopscotch: Being your best friend!!! (Giggles)

Y/n tried making an attempt to escape the orphanage after seeing what happened to Hoppy but was stopped by Sunshine Canine and Fluffy Cottontail in their monster forms that are blocking the exit, preventing Y/n from escaping.

Sunshine: Going somewhere at this late of night?

Fluffy: You're not going anywhere on our watch!

CatNap: That's right, Y/n. There's no escape. Its way past your bedtime, so it's time for you to...Go to SLEEP! Nighty Night, my friend! (Spews out the Sleeping Gas)

Y/n: (Screams in Terror)

-ONE WEEK AGO-

It was another beautiful day here in Creation City as the hit TV show made by Playtime Co., "The Smiling Critters" has become the #1 Kids TV Show of all time, thanks to the amazing toy company that made the Smiling Critters plush dolls and every kid in the block wanted one as every toy store were sold out of the Smiling Critters plushies.

However, there were still some CatNap plushies that were still on the shelves as the parents were a bit concerned about the purple cat toy, until they made a decision to buy it for their kids despite of having an uneasy feeling of the toy is really capable of than just putting the children to sleep with its sleeping gas.

But for now, we see three kids that are happily watching the Smiling Friends cartoon, but the TV was turned off by the kids' own parental figures.

Man: Enough cartoons...

Old Woman: Finish your breakfast...

Woman: And get to the Bus Stop!

Despite of the three children's protests, the adults are not gonna let them sit around and keep watching the cartoon and demanded them to walk to the bus stop to go to school.