Chapter 3

"Elliot......Elliot...."

A hand shook the shoulder of the blonde, causing him to slowly wake up. He rubbed his eyes to see Viktor in his lab coat, his hair in a mess.

"What is it?"

"It's alive, Elliot...the clone." Viktor's smile grew. "All my hard work finally paid off!"

Elliot sat up in his bed, grumbling as he looked to check what time it was. It was 5 in the morning...

"Viktor..how long have you been up?"

Viktor rubbed the back of his neck, letting out a quick chuckle. "Oh! I've been up all night! I did the blood transplant and it went well! Next thing I saw..was his eyes open up! I took him out of the tank but he's so chatty." He said, rolling his eyes.

"So you left this clone unoccupied? With all your lab equipment? What were you thinking?!"

"Easy easy, Elliot. I got it all under control. I kept him occupied! He's sitting right on my desk writing in a little journal I gave him. Come on, I wanted to wake you up so you can see him!"

The two walked over to Viktor's room, opened the entrance to the lab and went inside. Elliot looked over to the desk and saw the clone in nothing but a patient gown. As Viktor said, he was just sitting down and writing in the journal.

"What is he even writing about?" Elliot whispered to Viktor.

"I dunno. He just kept on asking me so many questions, so I told him to write them down. Just to shut him up..I'm too tired to deal with him." Viktor whispered back.

Viktor cleared his throat, walking closer to the clone. "Oh lemon Damien! I'm back! I told you I wasn't going to be away for so long! I want you to meet Elliot!"

Lem looked up from the journal at Elliot, a soft smile appearing on his face.

"Friend?"

"No no, Elliot is not your friend! We talked about this!"

Elliot stepped in closer. "Woah woah..no need to be so rude to him, Viktor.." He held out his hand to Lem. "Hello there and nice to meet you, Lemon."

Lem shook his hand with caution, almost unsure to do so. Elliot pulled Viktor aside to the opposite end of the room.

"So uh, what's with the whole friend thing?"

Viktor sighed, pulling up a file and looking through the papers in it. "I might have overdone it with the sugar. Now he's overly friendly and in desperate need to have a friend. I already told him who it is though.."

"Who?"

Viktor rolled his eyes. "Who else? The new guy! The clone is based on his best friend!"

"Oh right...so I'm assuming you're going to let Lemon go and see him then.."

"That's the plan, and to also use him as a player so we can get the games started just in time after the Gum Ball tomorrow!"

Elliot looked back to Lem, then to Viktor, unsure if this was a good idea. "You sure it's okay to let him out this quickly?"

"What could go wrong, Elliot? He's just...erm..slightly flawed, but it's no big deal! Also I'm sure Oliver will be ecstatic to see his bestest friend here!"

"Those flaws better not be anything major.." Elliot sighed.

The two walked back to Lem, Viktor stepping close to put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, it's time to get dressed! Today's a very special day for you! You're going to meet your real best friend.."

Lem's eyes widened in excitement as he stood up, leaving the journal behind. Viktor led him out of the lab and into his room, while Elliot remained in the lab as he looked over to the yellow journal.