chapter 1

Author's pov

At Sharma's house

A girl in her mid-twenties, our very own Samaira, was getting ready for her job as a nursery teacher. Since she adores kids and has a passion for teaching, she decided to pursue a career in education.

While applying her lip gloss, her mother called out to her, saying, "Samaira beta, hurry up or you'll be late for school!"

Samaira replied, "Yes maa, I'm coming!" After finishing up her lip gloss, she put on her earrings and headed downstairs.

As the family gathered around the dining table, they exchanged cheerful morning greetings and began enjoying their breakfast.

Samaira's father Mr.Sharma then informed , "Everyone, be ready in evening as we're going to a party."

Curious, Samaira asked her father, Sure, but what kind of party is it?"

Her father said, "Well, Mr. Rathore's elder son has returned from America, and he will be taking over the R&R Enterprises from now on."

Samaira nodded and said, "Oh, I see".

Then her mother Mrs. Sharma asked " What time are we leaving for the party?"

Her father responded, "Around 7". Mrs Sharma replied " okay " .

"Okay then Bye maa, papa, and Amaira otherwise I will get late for school" After bidding them farewell, Samaira headed to the bus stop.

Samaira's pov

As I was waiting for my bus, I felt a mix of excitement and anticipation for the day ahead. That's when I noticed a group of children playing nearby, their laughter filling the air. One of the kids looked at me and waved enthusiastically, making me smile as I waved back, feeling a sense of joy. I love kids, they are so cute.

Lost in my thoughts, the bus finally arrived, and I hopped on, finding a seat by the window. I took out my novel from my tote bag. I always carry a book because I love reading, and whenever or wherever I get a chance, I prefer reading it instead of using my mobile.

After about 15 minutes, my stop came, and I hopped off the bus, walking towards the school. The school is only around 5 minutes away from the bus stop, so I enjoyed the beautiful weather on my way there.

Upon entering the staff room, I greeted my fellow colleagues and went to my desk to keep my bag in the locker. After taking out the necessary stuff, I locked it.

As I was walking through the corridor, someone suddenly covered my eyes and said, "Meera, I know it's you!" I replied

"Meera Rathore is my best friend, or rather, my childhood best friend. She is the daughter of Mr. Rathore, and my papa has been working as Mr. Rathore's secretary for about 30 years. Mr. Rathore trusts my dad as if he were a family member, him and his wife is just as sweet and lovely".

Back when I was a kid, my papa used to take me to the Rathore mansion, and that's how Meera and I became friends. We both pursued a degree in B.E., and coincidentally, we both applied for a job in the same school and got selected.It's amazing how life works sometimes, isn't it? Working together with your best friend in the same school feels like destiny.

"Samaira." She whined, "You should have let me ask, like everyone does - GUESS WHO IS IT You're no fun!"

I sighed and said, "You literally do this every day. Don't you get tired of it?

"She stubbornly replied, "No, I don't."

I said, "Okay, okay. We'll talk later, or else we'll be late for class. Bye!" I quickly ran away from there.

She shouted back, "BYE! Meet me after school. I want to tell you something important."

I replied, "OKAY!"

I entered the classroom with a big smile on my face, cheerfully greeting the students. To my delight, they responded with the same energy and enthusiasm. Time flew by, and before I knew it, the class was over. One by one, parents arrived to pick up their children.

After all the students had gone home, I made my way towards the staffroom. I grabbed my trusty tote bag and bid farewell to my fellow teachers. As I stepped outside, I couldn't help but notice Meera leaning against her car, engrossed in typing something on her phone."

"Hey! I called out to her, grinning.

"Hii, finally you've got time for your one and only friend,' she replied dramatically.

'Stop being so dramatic,' I told her, playfully rolling my eyes.

"No, I will not! And leave it, you know my brother has returned from America, and my dad has arranged a welcome party for him."she exclaimed excitedly.

'I know, papa told me this morning,' I said to her. 'Okay, what are you going to wear then?' she asked me. 'I haven't decided yet,' I replied.

'Then what are we waiting for? Let's go shopping!' she said, opening the car door and playfully pushing me in.

'Okay, but stop pushing me, I can sit,' I told her.

'Oh, really? I know you'll start saying, "I have this" or "I have that," or "I'll wear this or that," but today I won't listen to you, and we're definitely going shopping!' she replied in one go, sitting in the car and starting to drive.

'I-' I tried to say, but she cut me off and said, 'I've informed aunty that you'll be a little late because we're going shopping, and you know what aunty said?'

I already knew, but I still asked, 'What?' 'She said, "Make sure she gets a dress for tonight. If she makes any excuse, then call me,"' she told me, sticking her tongue out. 'I knew it,' I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Alright, she said, as we turned up the music and enjoyed the 30-minute ride to the mall. Once we arrived, she practically pulled me from store to store for about 2 and a half hours until we finally settled on dresses for both of us. Then, we headed to different jewelry stores to pick out some accessories. After we finished shopping, we took a break at the food court, enjoyed some delicious food, and chatted for a while. Since it was already 3 o'clock, we had to head back home to get ready for the evening. I hopped out of the car, grabbed my bag, gave her a big hug, and said goodbye before heading inside.

I entered the house and went straight to my maa, giving her a tight hug. It's like my daily routine after coming home from school - I always give her a hug before doing anything else. "Hey maa," I happily greeted her.

"Hii bacha, is the shopping done?" she asked me. "Yeah, you know na, if someone goes to the mall with Meera, they will never return empty-handed," I said. She chuckled and said, "Yes, I know Meera loves shopping."

"Okay, now go freshen up and rest for a while. Then we have to go to the party," she told me. "Okay," I replied to her and went to my room.

I thought of taking a short nap since it's 4 o'clock and I still have some time. After taking a quick shower and setting an alarm for 5:30, I fell asleep.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Hey guys here is the first chapter
I hope you all like it.
If you enjoy it, please vote and
leave a comment.

Thanks!
Your author purple .