chapter 3

Samaira's pov

I woke up and went straight to the washroom to freshen up. Then I went downstairs to see Papa reading the newspaper. I greeted him and gave him a side hug, saying "Good morning, Papa." He greeted me back and gave me a peck on my forehead.

I sat next to him and asked, "Where is Amaira?"

"As usual, she's sleeping," he replied with a sigh.

"Sleepyhead! I'll go and call her for breakfast," I said, getting ready to stand up. But before I could, Papa said, "Let it be, it's Sunday anyway."

"Okay" I said and saw Maa coming with breakfast.

"Good morning, Maa," I greeted her with a smile.

"Good morning, beta. I've made your favorite dosa for breakfast," she told me, giving me a sweet smile.

"Really? Thanks, Maa," I said, grinning from ear to ear.

Then we started eating breakfast while chatting in between. Suddenly, I remembered that I had to go to Meera's house.

"Maa, Papa, I have to go to Rathore's mansion," I informed them while eating my dosa.

"For baking a cake for Meera?" Maa asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Yeah, you know her. She's obsessed with the cakes I bake," I replied, emphasizing how much she loves them. If I bake a cake for her every day, she won't even get tired of eating it .

"Yeah, I know," she said while giggling, and Papa started laughing too because they know how Meera and I fight over the cake. Sometimes I bake a cake at home and unintentionally call her over to have some, but who are we kidding? She's Meera, she literally eats the whole cake.

"Maa, Papa," I whined.

"Okay, okay, but first come help me in the kitchen, then you can go," she replied.

"Sure," I said .

After finishing the work, I went to my room to get ready. I was almost ready, just about to put on my socks when my phone started ringing. Knowing it was Meera, I picked up the phone and put it on speaker while I continued putting on my socks.

"Hello, Meera," I greeted.

"Hii, the driver is about to reach. Are you ready?" she asked.

"Yeah, I am," I replied.

"Okay, bye then," she cut the call.

" Ye ladki kabhi nhi sudharegi" I thought, shaking my head.
(This girl will never change)

I went downstairs and said bye to everyone before walking out. As I stepped outside, I noticed a car waiting for me. I hopped in and the driver started the car. After about 30 minutes, we arrived at Rathore Mansion. I got out of the car and made my way to the front door. I rang the bell and patiently waited for someone to answer. Finally, a maid opened the door. I greeted her with a smile and walked inside, looking around for Meera. And there she was, coming downstairs.

"Hey, Meera!" I said, moving towards her with a smile.

"Hii, Samaira," she replied, giving me a hug.

"Let's go and make a cake," she said, dragging me towards the kitchen.

"Meera, at least let her sit for a while before she starts baking the cake," a voice interrupted. We turned to see Mrs. Rathore.

"No, it's okay, aunty. I will go and start baking the cake; otherwise, she will eat my brain," I said, trying to hold back my laughter.