chapter 4

Samaira's pov

I told Meera to go and call aunty so we could all enjoy the cake together. She nodded and went to call aunty.

As I sliced the cake and started serving it, I couldn't resist snapping some pics of the delicious treat. I got a little carried away with it, snapping away for about 5 minutes. But then I noticed Meera and aunty finally making their way downstairs.

"Why did it take so long?" I asked, with a slight frown on my face.

Meera explained, "Kuch nahi, bas maine socha ki bhai ko bhi bulalu."
(Nothing, I just thought of inviting my brother too.)

"Ohh, I see," I replied and saw Rudra coming downstairs, using his mobile with his right hand and his left hand in his trouser pocket. He was looking quite attractive, to be honest.

"What the hell are you thinking, Samaira?" I thought to myself.

He came and sat in front of me, putting his mobile aside and started eating.

"How's the cake, Bhai?" Meera asked him.

I looked up but quickly looked away as I could feel his intense gaze.

"Good," he replied, still looking at me with that intense stare.

"I knew you would love it because she makes the most delicious cakes," Meera said, starting her rant. If she starts, she won't stop.

"Samaira, after we eat, let's watch a movie. What do you say?" she asked, or more like ordered me.

"Agar main mana karungi toh tu maan jayegi?" I asked.
(If I say no, will you agree?)

"No," she giggled. "Let's eat it while watching the movie."

"Okay," we went to her room and started watching the movie. After the movie ended, I headed back home.

Time skipped

I was heading to school, enjoying the beautiful weather. As I entered the staff room, I greeted my colleagues and collected the necessary materials. Then, I went straight to the classroom and started teaching.

I said to the students, "Today, we will write A-D, and we can cover the rest later, okay?"

They all replied together, "Yes, ma'am."

"Okay, let's get started," I said as I picked up the chalk from the desk. I wrote A on the board and instructed the students to write it as well. I walked towards them to help anyone who needed assistance.

Then I saw one student who was struggling, I said, "No worries, beta. Let me show you how to write it." I held his hand and demonstrated the proper technique.

Afterward, I asked him, "Did you understand?"

"Yes, ma'am," he replied softly.

"Don't be scared, you can always ask me for help, okay?" I reassured him, ruffling his hair. Then, I stood up and supervised the other students.

The time went by teaching them, and then the bell rang. "Okay students, pack your bags. Your parents must be coming to pick you up," I said to them and waited for the parents. After a little while, one by one, all the parents started coming to pick up their children. After everyone left, I decided to call Meera as I didn't see her in the morning.

"Hello Meera, where are you? I didn't even see you this morning," I asked as soon as the call was picked up.

"Hello," instead of Meera's voice, I heard a deep and somewhat familiar voice.

"Who-" before I could question the person, he cut me off and said, "Meera is sleeping. She didn't go to school today." It was Rudra, her brother.

"But why? Is she okay?" I asked him.