chapter 5

I'm so sorry for delay.
And I don't know if guys are liking my story please do tell where I'm wrong or if the story is boring then I will definitely work hard on my writing skills. enjoy reading.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Rudra's pov

I was in Meera's room, feeding her porridge because she has a fever. She can be so stubborn and never listens to me. Last night, she didn't listen and ate a whole box of ice cream, which is why she's now in bed with a fever.

"Here, have this for now. I'll go and get some turmeric milk for you," I said, handing her the bowl of porridge.

"No, Bhai, I don't want to drink turmeric milk. I hate it," she replied, making faces.

"If you didn't listen to me, why should I listen to you?" I said, heading towards the door.

Just as I was about to reach the door, someone opened it before me and walked in. They slipped and were about to fall, but I caught them. To my surprise, it was Samaira, Meera's best friend, looking up at me with her pretty hazel eyes.

"Humein lagta hai ki aapko humari bahon mein girna bahut pasand hai," I whispered to her, as it seems like she always ends up tripping or falling whenever we meet.

(It seems like you enjoy falling into my arms.)

"It's not like that," she replied, quickly standing up and fixing her clothes. She gave me a look and went straight to Meera.

I shrugged and went downstairs to grab that turmeric milk for my baby sis. I walked into the kitchen and started preparing the milk. While the milk was boiling, I checked some emails. Once it was done, I poured it into a glass and went upstairs. I was about to open the door but heard Meera saying, "How do you read so many novels? Don't you get bored? I tried once, but couldn't even finish one book."

Samaira replied, "Chup kar wo mera pyaar hai aisa nhi bolte teko kya pata tune abhi pyar Kiya hi kaha hai kitaabo se agar tu ek baar kitaab se pyaar kar legi na toh ye duniya hi bhool jayegi novel ki duniya me aisa lagta hai jaise ki hum apni alag hi duniya ma jeerahe hai".

(Hey, That's my love. You shouldn't say it like that. What do you know? Have you ever experienced love for books? If you fall in love with a book once, you'll forget about the whole world. And feel as if we're in our own separate universe.) 

Meera said, "Yeah, yeah, whatever," and I opened the door and walked in.

"What happened? Why are you making a weird face?" I asked Meera while passing her the glass.

"Nothing, Bhai," she replied, looking over at Samaira who rolled her eyes.

"Okay then, I'll be in my study room. Call me if you need anything, okay, baby sis?" I said, ruffling her hair.

"Bhai, stop it! I'm grown up now, so stop calling me that," she replied, pushing my hand back.

"No matter how old you get, you'll always be my baby sis," I said to her and went to my study room after taking a look at Samaira.

Samaira's pov

"No matter what books are the best," I said, sticking my tongue out.

"Alright, let's cut it out. We've been arguing about this for like 10 minutes, but watching a movie is definitely the way to go," she said, flipping her hair.

"Girl, you don't look sick from any angle," I exclaimed.

"Oh, I'm not. It's just that my brother is super overprotective," she replied, signing.

"I can totally see that," I said to her. We kept chatting for a while, or you could say we were basically teasing each other.

After some time, I said bye to Meera and headed back home, but not before saying bye to Mrs. Rathore.

Time flew by, and we all gathered around the dinner table for a delicious meal.

"Samaira beta i want to tell you something"papa asked me broking the silence.

"Yeah what happened" I said while toring a morsel of my roti.

"Actually beta today Mr rathore called me"he said taking a glance at maa.

"papa that's because you are his secretary"I said giggling and again my focus went on my food as today maa made my favourite dish Matar paneer.

They didn't said anything for sometime so I looked up to see everyone talking their eye somthing is fishy I thought while narrowing my eye.

"What happened why are you all talking with your eyes today did something happened?"I asked with concerned.

"No it just-"he paused and then continued "you know rudra Mr rathore'son?".he asked me.

"Yeah why?"I asked him as I stop eating giving him my full attention.

"Mr rathore wants you to marry him"he replied.

"Then what a big deal in it"I said and took a bite but choked on it as registered his words.

"Carefully beta"maa said rubbing my back.

"Here dii have some water"she said passing a glass of water.

After sometime I calm down and look at papa and asked "but papa isn't too early for me to marry?".

"Beta it's totally up to you if want to marry or not we will never force you it's just Mr Rathore's told me that he want you as his daughter in law but he also said that only if you agree and you also know them from childhood I will only suggest you that if you want you can have a talk with rudra then you can decide otherwise I can say no to them"papa said giving a pat on my head.

"Yeah I know them but" I paused and looked at maa.

"I understand it that you don't know much about rudra as he has been living in America for most of his life right"maa asked me and I nodded.

"It's okay beta to think like that as you have live with that person for lifetime and we can't take decisions in hurry take your time and give us a answer if you want you can talk with rudra"papa said to me.

"Okay I will tell you all tomorrow"I said will getting up.

"But remember one thing beta you have been knowing his family from the childhood don't matter okay you have to think wisely"maa said will looking straight in my eye.

"I know maa okay goodnight" I said to everyone and went to my room.

Sleep was nowhere in my eyes as I was thinking about marriage. I have no problem with getting married now since I've graduated and have a decent job. However, marrying my best friend's brother is what's bothering me. I don't know him properly as he has been living in America for most of his life. I'm also unsure of how Meera would react once she finds out, and if he has agreed or not. I don't know much, but what I do know is that he is a caring person for his family. The big question is whether he will be the same to me and not treat me differently.

I was lost in my thoughts, and before I knew it, sleep has consumed me.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I hope you guys like the chapter
If you enjoy it please vote
And comment

Thanks
Your author purple .