3

The atmosphere at Sunhee restaurant was lively as Seventeen gathered for their monthly dinner, which wasn't so monthly but they did tried their best to be together.

Yumi and Geonwoo, the officials chefs for night, were bustling around the kitchen, preparing a variety of dishes to satisfy the hungry appetites of the members.

"Are you sure you don't need my help?" Sunhee asked with Yeseul in her arms

"Go have fun. We're ok in here"

"Until he screws up" Yumi said teasing Geonwoo but the boy just rolled his eyes

"I'm so happy you still haven't kill each other"

"You and me" Gyuri appeared and gave a quick kiss on her boyfriend.

As the savory aromas went  through the air, Dk walked in with a mischievous grin, his eyes twinkling with playful intent. "Hey, Yumi, Joshua is outside" he teased, a knowing smile playing on his lips.

Yumi, standing by the stove, chuckled and played along, "Oh, you know I know he's part of Seventeen ?"

Dk raised an eyebrow, "Still acting clueless, huh? I heard you two the other day"

Yumi rolled her eyes, "Stop trying to stir things up, Dk. We're all friends here."

Among the laughter and all the babies playing , the girls gathered in the kitchen next to Yumi, since Geonwoo was talking with the boys in the table.

"You won't guess what happen to me three days ago" Yumi said finally taking her apron off.

"You found a new book store?" Hana asked her grinning

"That would be great but no. I found a rose in my door."

Gyuri, sitting across , couldn't help but feel that's strange but laughed it off . "A rose? That's quite romantic. Any idea who it's from?"

Yumi shrugged"Not a clue. Maybe it's just a friendly gesture from someone in the neighborhood. It was just there."

"Secret admirer?" Sunhee said picking up some plates to bring to the table

"Hmmm not that I know of"

"You're hot, beautiful and young. You must have a queue of boys lining up" Areum winked at her

"Nothing like that" Yumi blushed as she isn't used to receive compliments like that.

The girls joined the table and they all sat down to have dinner.

As they enjoyed their meal, Hoshi was talking with Mingyu when he had an epiphany and looked at Yumi.

"It's you!"  He pointed at her

"Hello..." she waved at him not knowing what he wanted

"Scoups, she could be the one for our music video"

"Aish since you saw Enhypen have female dancers you been obsessing about it"

"Do you want vans?" Minghao asked him

"Oh she would be perfect. I want her"

Hana burst into laughing while Areum is squeezing Scoups arm and trying not to laugh.

"He drank too much" Joshua grabbed Hoshi and sat him again in his chair

"Sorry to tell you but she already got an secret admire" Gyuri smiled at Yumi

"A rose doesn't mean a secret admire"

"Someone gave you a rose?" Wonwoo asked " that's cute"

"I found a rose at my door" Yumi explained "Probably just someone being playful"

"Going back to me" Hoshi raise his hand "the company will pay you, just show up in our video"

"I'll think about it" she said to make him stop

As the night continued, the group enjoyed their time together until the babies were getting tired.

Eunjae was already sleeping next to Hyungwoo, while Yeseul was napping in Dk arms.

Jeonghan didn't missed the opportunity to tease Scoups about the kids being inseparable.

"Go home, I'll go in a bit" Sunhee said to Dk

"Nope, you go home with your family. I have time, I stay here to clean up" Yumi pushed her to Dk arms too

"Me and Geonwoo can stay too"

"No... go home. I like cleaning" Yumi smiled as the rest of seventeen were putting their jackets

Although the girls wanted to help, there was no use to fight Yumi, so they kissed her and left the restaurant.

Yumi put some music while taking the broom, she truly loves the kitchen and the thrill of the job but she also enjoys the silence after a long night.

In LA, while studying she spent to many nights alone like this while missing home but like she likes this.

Not even 3 minutes alone, she hears a knock on the door, raising her awareness that she's alone.

"It's Joshua" the person said

"Did you forgot something?"  Yumi open the door for him but she stopped breathing for a second when Joshua smiled and rolled up his sleeves

"I didn't liked the idea of you here alone cleaning. You made us food"

"Thanks" she said  grabbing the broom again

Joshua was cleaning the dishes when he looked at Yumi with genuine concern, "Yumi,you awfully quiet over there. You weren't really kidding when you said you like cleaning"

She shift her focus to him and smiled " I take my job seriously. Sorry if I'm boring you"

"No. The quiet is good sometimes. Just missing some music" he waved his phone "can I?"

"Sure, but don't judge me for my awful voice"

Joshua laughed and hit the play button "Sing all you want"

Yumi appreciated Joshua's playfulness and it made the task a lot more easier as they both were singing along.

Joshua listened to her voice and although she was off key he didn't say anything, the light atmosphere was just what he needed.

And after he told the members he was gonna stay and help, he knows the moment he steps a foot in the dorms they're gonna eat him alive.

But his momma taught him well and he couldn't go away and leave her alone, even more after hearing about the roses that magically appeared at her door.

"Yumi?"

"Hmm?" She said while letting down her hair

"Do you live alone?"

"Yeah, find this little cute apartment next to the restaurant. I was really lucky actually, the rent it's amazing. But why?"

"Don't know... the city isn't really safe and that rose you talked about got me thinking"

"You think it's some creep?" She suddenly got aware of the situation

"I don't know, it could be a innocent admire"

"I guess you have competition Joshy" she teased him

"I guess I do" he smiled and took his apron off "are you ready? I'll take you home"

"And you?"

"I'll text the manager to pick me up, he won't mind"

"You don't need to take me home. It's a five minute walk"

"Yumi... I'm taking you home. Grab your stuff and let's go"

"You just wanna know where I live"

"Of course" he giggled as she locks the restaurant.