36

As the days stretched into a week, Yumi found herself caught in a whirlwind of emotions, her heart heavy with the weight of Joshua's silence.

Despite her best efforts to give him the space he seemed to need, not having him is making her miserably even being in an amazing course.

Sitting alone in her room hotel , she's spending her whole time there. Right after class she goes straight to her room.

She longed to reach out to Joshua but was afraid he would distance himself even more.

Meanwhile Joshua was in his room too, phone on his hand and mind on Yumi, he reached for his phone, his fingers hovering over the screen as he debated whether to send her a text. But before he could make up her mind, someone stopped him.

As he  looked at  the door open, he was greeted by the sight of Dk standing on her doorstep, a concerned expression etched on his face.

"You're not ok. Wanna talk?"

Joshua nodded letting Dk take a sit next to him. The boys have been giving him space but now they can't ignore his mood.

"What's wrong?" Dk asked

Joshua sighed heavily, his shoulders slumping with the weight of unspoken worries. "Me and Yumi are fighting" he admitted, his voice low and troubled. "I called her and she was with that friends of hers that I don't like, and I can't help but feel like something's not right."

"You need to trust her"  Dk said

Joshua nodded sympathetically, his expression softening with understanding. "I know that" he said, his tone gentle. "But every time I think of her I got reminded that he's there. I'm here"

"And?"

"And she may start liking him. Or she may get drunk and lose her mind"

"You think so little of her?"

"What?! No" Joshua raise his voice and Jun who was just walking by his room walked in

"Why are you screaming?"

"He's jealous" Dk answered for him

"Who do we have to beat up?" Jun asked raising his fists

"He's in LA"

"So? We book a ticket." Jun answered him right away

"We won't beat up anyone" Joshua said making Jun pout

"So what's the problem?"

"Me and Yumi are not talking"

"Why? Did she cheat with him?"

"No." Joshua glared at him "She wouldn't."

"So? Book the ticked anyway and go there to show her who she belongs with. In a good way" he winks at him

Yumi's parents' arrival in LA brought a mix of emotions swirling within her. As she greeted them at the airport, her heart swelled with joy at the sight of familiar faces from home.

She was so excited when they said they were going to visit her.

"Mom, Dad!"Yumi exclaimed, enveloping her parents in warm hugs as they stepped off the plane.

"Hey honey"her mother replied, returning the embrace with a smile. "Let's go to the hotel. I'm tired"

Yumi booked them a room next to her, altogether her mom was the one tired. Her father was the one sleeping with Yumi was in her room with her mother.

"How have you been?" Her mom asked

Yumi hesitated for a moment, the weight of recent events pressing heavily upon her. "I've been okay," she replied, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "Kinda.... Classes have been great but me and Joshua are kinda fighting"

Her mom showed a concerned glance, sensing the seriousness in Yumi's tone. "Why?"

"He's jealous of a friend of mine who's from here"

Her mother reached out and took her hand, offering a comforting squeeze. " jealousy is not that bad, that means he loves you"

"To the point he doesn't even talk to me?"

"Boys are weird" her mom shrugged "he'll come around."

"I hope so"

"Relationships can be challenging," she said, her voice gentle yet firm. "But they're also worth fighting for. Do you think Joshua is worth of fighting for?"

Yumi nodded. "He is. I really love him mom"

Her mother leaned forward, her eyes filled with empathy. "Then look into your heart and fight for him" she said, her words carrying the weight of experience. "But whatever you decide, know that we'll be here for you every step of the way."

"You and dad fought a lot?"

"Like I said boys are weird.... Your dad is no exception" she answered making the frown on Yumi face disappeared and smile

Yumi enjoyed her time with her parents, they were there for only 3 days but it was a piece of home that Yumi needed.

The morning sunlight streamed through the curtains, casting a warm glow across the hotel room as Yumi blinked awake, still groggy from sleep. As she stretched and yawned, it was time for her class.

Just as she was about to rise from the bed, there came a gentle knock at the door. Yumi got scared since she was not expecting anyone. Who could be visiting her at this hour? With a mixture of curiosity and excitement, she padded over to the door and cautiously opened it.

To her astonishment, standing before her was Joshua, his expression earnest and determined. Yumi's breath caught in her throat at the sight of him, her pulse quickening with a rush of emotion.

"Joshua, what are you doing here?"

Joshua's gaze softened as he reached out to gently caress her cheek. "I had to see you," he replied, his voice low and intense. "There's something I need to tell you."

Yumi's heart fluttered at the intensity in his eyes, she was worried he was gonna break up with her. "What is it?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Taking a deep breath, Joshua stepped closer, getting in the hotel room, his eyes never leaving hers. "I've been doing a lot of thinking," he began, his voice tinged with sincerity. "And I realize that I've made a mistake."

"The ignoring me part?"she asked, her voice trembling with emotion.

Joshua's expression softened as he reached out to take her hands in his. "I'm sorry... I was an idiot" he admitted, his voice filled with regret. "But I trust you, Yumi. I trust us."

"You're really an idiot" she said looking down

Without hesitation, Joshua pulled her into his arms, holding her close as if afraid to let her go. "I'm sorry"he murmured against her hair, his voice thick with emotion. "I'm here"