Chapter Five

POV: Xandor

I watched as Jack Barlowe took a deep breath and then eagerly followed Violet onto the parapet.

I had a feeling that told me that he'll be a problem.

There was only one guy in front of me, then it would be my turn.

He was skinny and tall, had curly brown hair and a crooked nose. I could smell his fear from here, but I saw him squaring his shoulders and clenching his ass. He walked up to the opening and told the rider his name.

I couldn't hear it over the growling of the thunder, but the rider nodded and instructed him.

The candidate nodded in confirmation after everything the rider explained, and I could see him wringing his hands nervously.

A few moments later, he was on the parapet, and it was my turn. Luckily for me, all three riders had turned away from me and looked out the opening as if they expected something to happen.

I stepped out of the shadow.

The one with the strip of hair on his head was the first to notice me. His eyes widened in shock, and he took a step back, bumping into the one with the roll.

"What are –" the roll carrying rider said angrily before following the other rider's gaze. He had a similar reaction.

"What the fuck." He whispered and tilted his head back to get a good look at me.

I knew how I had to look. A massive man well over seven feet, dressed completely in black with a bow strapped on his back and a huge spear in his hand. I dare say I looked quite intimidating.

It was very amusing to watch their reactions whereby Xaden had the most control over his features.

I took a step forward and two instantly took one step back except Xaden. He stoically looked up to me.

He probably thought that I was some overgrown child who was gifted weapons he couldn't wield and some black clothes which he didn't earn, by his rich parents.

Except it was quite the opposite. I have lived thousands of lives, and he was a mere newborn in my eyes. He probably had some big balls.

I took one more step and stood now right in front of him.

It was obvious that he wasn't used to tilting his head back to look into somebody's face so it was very amusing to watch his eyes twitch and his body tense.

It looked like the two other riders had finally pulled themselves together and the scroll carrying one stepped forward. "Na-Name?" His voice trembled.

I made some signing gestures which were met with confused looks.

I rolled my eyes under my hood. Honestly, what are they teaching them?

I took one more step forward until I stood directly in front of the scroll carrying rider. I reached out with my hand that carried my spear toward Xaden who gave me a confused glance. With a small gesture I motioned him to take it and he did so.

His eyes widened in surprise at the sudden unexpected weight and his arms twitched slightly in a downward motion. The scroll carrier stepped forward and I took his pencil and the paper. With swift movements I signed my name and gave it back to him.

In now cursive stood the name Xandor Galadon on his paper which he eyed with intrigue.

My hand reached out for my spear, and I easily took it back and turned to the opening. When I ducked myself to go through the opening, I saw Jack throwing the curly haired boy off the parapet before turning back to Violet.