Chapter Sixteen

POV: Xandor Galadon

It was tiring to watch the riders from my squad spare.

Dain had ordered that Tuesday nights were for squad hand-to-hand practice. That was why I now stood leaned against the wall of the sparing gym and watched them spar. Rhiannon with Violet, Sawyer and Quinn, and Emery and Heaton. Since nobody wanted to spare with me, because let's be honest, they knew that they were going to lose, I was left out.

Liam moved from his seat on the bench and went to Rhiannon and Violet. Not interested in their chattering, my eyes faced instead on Garrick who had entered the gym and walked with Xaden to one of the mats. Glancing my way, my eyes lock with his even with my hood on and I dipped my head slightly in greeting. His lips twitched slightly before he looked back forward, turning emotionless once again. When he turned his back to me, I noticed the leather sheaths on his back. They were made from black leather and adorned with silver swirls all over. A gift of mine. A courting gift.

He had accepted my gifts. They had accepted.

It took me a while to find the perfect gifts, but I found them in a drawer in my rooms, stored away a few centuries ago. It wasn't difficult to get into their rooms to lay the gifts next to their beds. It was a relieve for me when I found out that Garrick and Liam had already been fooling around with each other. It made it way easier.

My eyes snapped back to watch Rhiannon and Violet spare but movements behind them quickly adverted my attention, and -

Damn.

Xaden and Garrick had stripped off their shirts and were sparring like their lives depended on it. To a human eyes it had to look like a blur of kicks and punches, but to me it looked almost like slow motion. While Garrick mostly went for the kill, Xaden deflected.

While Xadens body was handsome and leaner, Garricks was wider and more densely packed with muscles. His rebellion relic covered his entire arm and disappeared under the waistband. I'd love to follow it with my tongue. While his shoulders were wide, he had a smaller waist which made him look like a god and tanned skin which tensed over his muscles. Many, very defined muscles. He had an eight pack, and his chest was densely packed with muscle. His legs were strong and these pants. They really did their job. Leather covered his legs and sculptured ass like a second skin and showed the smallest muscle. My mouth began to water. It seemed I wasn't the only one who liked the display. Many other women and men were happily watching, Liam being one of them, and possessiveness swelled up in my stomach. And I definitely didn't like the way Imogen looked at them.

"And yet that is the rider Tairn chose." The comment made me turn back to our own mat. Jack just couldn't keep his mouth shut.

He had talked to a squadmate while grinning maliciously at the edge of the mat.

"I'm starting to think he chose wrong, but considering I haven't seen you wield any powers, I bet you're thinking the same thing, too, aren't you, Sorrengail? Shouldn't you have twice the ability to channel with two dragons?" Stupid human. He had no idea how channeling worked, and I honestly doubted the dragon who chose Jack. I tensed when Liam got up and put himself between her and Jack.

Even though Liam was the best fighter from the first-years next to me, I would still interfere if Jack would be so stupid and attack.

"Simmer down, Mairi. I'm not going to attack our little charge. Not when I can just challenge her in a couple of weeks and accidentally snap her scrawny neck in front of an audience." Jack folded his arms over his chest. "Tell me, though, you are getting tired of playing the nursemaid, aren't you?"