Chapter Fourteen

POV: Xandor Galadon

A thunderous roar echoing through my mind ripped me from my sleep. Sitting up and pushing the furs from my bare body, I stepped out of bed and to the window.

There wasn't much that would lead to Dâmoren waking me from my sleep, so there was a right to be concerned. "What is it?"

Dâmoren huffed in my mind and I could feel anger pulsating through the bond. "That Sorrengail girl was attacked in her sleep and Tairn sent the Riorson boy to her. He was too late."

That made me stop. Violet was dead?

"No she isn't," Dâmoren assured me. "But that's not the problem."

Then what was the problem?

"Because Xaden was too late, Andarna had to use her powers through Violet to stop the time. That gave Violet enough seconds to get to the door." Dâmoren growled.

There was a reason feathertails weren't allowed to bond. The unique power they channeled was too powerful to get into human hands.

Already putting on underwear and boots, I talked back to Dâmoren. "And what am I supposed to do know?"

"Tairn demanded an audience and I want you to erase the tracks of Andarna's powers. I'm already on my way. I'll meet you on the flight field in a few."

Only wearing undergarments and boots I threw over my cloak and grabbed my spear. Opening the doors to my rooms, I sprinted down the stairs and through the hallways without a sound. I knew that Xaden and Violet were already on their way to the flight field when I stopped in front of her door. The wood was splintered and the room a complete chaos. Things thrown everywhere together with blood splattering the walls and floor. There were bloody dragging tracks leading out of the door before they stopped a few meters behind. Looked like Xaden ordered a few of his friends to clean up.

Stepping into the room I noticed a black clad figure crouched on the ground with a bucket of soapy water next to them. It was Garrick. While fully clad his hair still looked like he just jumped out of bed. Delicious. He talked quietly to himself, not noticing me.

I observed him quietly and my eyes wandered of his rebellion mark on his arm. Then my eyes traveled through the room and pushing a little bit of power into the air around me, I could see golden residue of Andarna's power flowing through the air.

While others couldn't see it, it looked like mist to me, in this case, golden one.

Absorbing it, I could feel it humming when it mixed with my own power and then there was no residue left.

My gaze traveled back to Garrick, and I let my spear hit the ground, creating a metallic sound that echoed through the room. In the next second, Garrick was on his feet and one of his swords was pointed at my throat. I smiled slightly under my hood.

He was fast and there was no fear in his eyes, only surprise. He did take a step back when he finally saw who was standing in front of him, but his sword didn't lower.

"What are you doing here, first-year?" His voice was sharp and his eyes cold.

"Shouldn't I ask you the same thing...?" I retorted and his lips part and his eyes widen. My voice was deep and raspy after the long non-usage, but it still held the same power. "Third-year." Then I pushed away his sword with my spear.