Chapter 3

Cassidy's POV:

I got up early the next morning and went on one of my daily runs. I loved to run anyway, and it was also a way for me to clear my head. I have a lot going on right now, but I was too focused on my pace and breathing to even think about anything else. I ran a few miles around my neighborhood. I finished the fourth and I decided it was time to head back to my apartment. I texted Kennedy as I left this morning so she knew where I would be. We have each other's locations, but I figured it would be easier if I texted her instead. I haven't ran outside in a few weeks since we've been going to the gym together, so she would probably wonder where I went.

I came up to my apartment, and got the keys from the hiding spot we have. I unlocked and opened the door. I stepped inside, and tried to be quiet. I didn't know if Kennedy was up yet. I knew she was awake as I heard her come out of her room towards me. It sounded like she was talking to someone on the phone, but I wasn't sure who it was yet. Kennedy came walking down the hall, and saw me taking off my shoes. "Okay Savanah, yeah I'll meet you there. Sounds good, I'll see you then. Bye." Kennedy said as she hung up the phone and walked over to the kitchen. "Good Morning. How was your run?" She asked as she got two cups for coffee. She filled them and brought the cups over to our table. I walked over, and sat down while she grabbed the creamer and water for me. "It was good. I needed to get out and clear up my head. Who were you on the phone with by the way? I think I heard you say the name Savanah?" Kennedy smiled as she walked back over to the table. "Savanah is the Social Media Coordinator for both the Savannah Bananas, and the Party Animals. We met yesterday, and immediately started talking about ideas we could have the players do for the teams socials. She's super nice, and fun to be around. I think you'd get along with her. Maybe I can introduce you two today if you have time?" I chugged the water I was drinking, and then started with my coffee. "That's cool that you met another Coordinator. If I have time I would love to meet her. Wait, did you say the Party Animals? Who are they?" Kennedy gave me a look and started to laugh. "The Party Animals are the other team from Savannah. They usually play the Bananas, but because the Bananas are here the other team stayed in Savannah. There were a few guys who were at the game yesterday to help our guys. Did you see any players wearing those pink jerseys? They would be the Party Animals. Savanah explained everything about Banana Ball to me yesterday. It's actually really interesting. I would explain it to you, but we don't have time for that this morning. We should probably start getting ready." Kennedy said as she finished her coffee and put the cup in the sink. 

"Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing some guys wearing the pink jersey's yesterday. So you're telling me that Jesse guy owns both teams, and what makes them special is the dancing and trick plays that they do? Isn't that kind of silly?" I watched as Kennedy turned around from the sink and started to laugh. "They don't just do those things Cass. Were you even at the game last night? Their motto is Fans First. Everything they do is for the fans. They're definitely more than just dancing and trick plays." I drank the rest of my coffee now before getting up and heading to the sink. "I guess I wasn't really paying attention last night. I was too worried about the stupid promotion that I didn't even get." I put my cup in the sink, and crossed my arms while leaning on the counter. "Hey, I know you really wanted that promotion, and I'm sorry that you didn't get it. I'm sure something bigger and better will come along. Right now though we really need to get ready." Kennedy said as she wrapped me in a hug. I pulled away and gave her a slight smile. "Okay, you're right. I really don't want to go to work today because I know Mallory is going to make my life a living h*ll. Plus I have to deal with seeing Jackson again today. I can't catch a break right now." I let out a sigh as Kennedy wrapped her arms around me again. "Try to stay away from her, and Jackson. You said you somehow avoided him yesterday, so try to do it again today." I let go of her again, and she put her hands on my face. "I'm telling you, everything will work out. God has a plan for you, and I can't wait to see what it is. Now, let's get ready for the day."