Chapter 12

Jackson's POV:

I was at the field in Tulsa practicing my trick plays with Ryan. The Bananas were practicing and warming up before the game tonight. I was standing in line waiting my turn when Ryan came up behind me. "Don't forget we have to talk to DR and give him the idea to go see the girls on Sunday." He acts like I forgot about doing that when we just talked about it last night. "I remember. When do you think we should talk to him about it?" Ryan shrugged as we moved up in the line. "Probably when we get a break. It's been a while since our last one, so we should be getting another soon." I moved forward again in the line, and grounded a ball that Gillum hit to me. I went to the back of the line, and waited for Ryan again. "Okay, so we'll talk to him during our next break. It can't be too hard to convince him." Ryan nodded, and we kept going through the line with the other infielders taking ground balls. Gillum called everyone in for a break, and I stayed with Ryan. We waited for DR to come off the field, and then went over to him. "Hey DR, have you heard from Kennedy today?" I asked as we got closer to him. He looked up at us, and had a smile on his face. "Hey guys, yeah I did talk to her a little bit this morning. She told me that she feels better, but Cassidy isn't up so she isn't sure how she's feeling yet." Ryan then cut in. "Maybe we should go visit them when we get back in Savannah. I'm sure you wouldn't mind seeing Kennedy DR, and we could check on the girls to see how they're doing." We both looked at DR whose face was starting to get red. "That's not a bad idea Ryan. I was thinking about getting the girls a shirt from the team store considering they couldn't be here. If I do that, then that could be our excuse for going over." I laughed as Ryan put a hand on DR's shoulder. "I like the way you think DR. So that's our plan then, we'll go see Kennedy and Cassidy when we get back to Savannah on Sunday." DR and I agreed, and the three of us stood talking to each other until it was time to get back out on the field. I tried to focus, but I couldn't help but think about getting to see Cassidy after a few days of not seeing her. It made me excited, and a little hopeful that these next few days go fast. 

Kennedy's POV:

Friday and Saturday Cassidy and I laid around the apartment. Cassidy was thankfully feeling better, but I still continued to take care of her. We didn't do much, but I made sure to put the games on the tv when they started. I forgot about the time difference between Savannah and Tulsa until Cassidy woke up on Friday night and reminded me. I watched both games, and Cassidy would wake up here and there to watch a little. She was still feeling sick Friday and Saturday, but not as bad as she was on Thursday.

I got up this morning, and decided to clean up around our apartment. I wasn't sick anymore, but had to continue taking my medicine. I thought it would be good to clean, and get all of the germs out of our apartment. Cassidy was still asleep, so I started in the kitchen. I was done there, and made my way to the living and dining room. I was almost done in these rooms, but had to finish cleaning off the table. I walked over, and started putting things where they go. I reached over, and grabbed the basket of things the guys had sent to our apartment. Cassidy was as surprised as I was when the basket was delivered. The worker had knocked loudly on our door, causing Cassidy to wake up. I ran to the door, so the knocking would stop. The worker handed me the basket, and I brought it over to the table. Cassidy was too weak to come over, so she asked what it was. I rummaged through the basket, and then looked at the flowers to find a card. I saw that the guys had put their names on it, and it said "Get well soon". I told Cassidy about the basket, and what all was in it. I told her about my conversation with the guys, and how they sent us the basket. I mentioned how worried Jackson seemed to be about her, but Cassidy seemed to blow it off and act like she didn't hear me. I'm not surprised by this because she was sick, and probably didn't want to talk about Jackson. She did mention that it was sweet of the guys to send us the basket full of things we need, but then she fell back asleep without saying anything else.