Chapter 24- Mr. Brown Eyes

" Ouch." I groaned in pain as my eyes shot open. I looked to my side and saw that it had already become red.

" Oh my god, I am so sorry." I heard the voice of a man before his face appeared before me.

He was tall with beautiful brown eyes and his hair fell over his face from having been in the water.

I removed my eyes from his face as I looked back down at the spot where the ball had hit.

The man knelt down by my side as he stared down at me with remorse.

" I'm seriously sorry, I didn't mean to strike so hard, it was my carelessness." He said as he ran his hand through his hair taking deep breaths in.

" Nice way to ruin my day," I muttered but I guess he heard me. Some guy came over to him and took the ball apologizing. I expected him to go too but he still knelt unmoving.

" How can I make you feel better?" He asked but I just shrugged.

" Let me apply this Jane," Rena said as she took the lotion and applied it on my side. It wasn't some ointment for injury or so but it helped relieve my pain.

" I'll be right back." The guy said and I watched him run off towards god knows. I knew he wasn't coming back, he just wanted an opportunity to escape just in case I decided to charge him for any damage.

I hope the hit didn't affect my baby in any way or I'll come the entire world fishing that guy out.

I put back my sunglasses and relaxed back on the blanket enjoying the sun hoping that there was no interruption again but my peace didn't last long. I was again interrupted.

" Am back. Here, have this." I opened one eye and brought down my glasses to stare up at him before fully opening my eyes.

Oh, so he came back. My eyes suddenly caught what he held in his hand and my mouth couldn't help but salivate.

" This should calm you down." He said as he dropped a bowl of vanilla ice cream with strawberries. I could already imagine myself dipping the strawberries into the ice cream and my mouth flowed with saliva.

Before he could drop the bowl down, I had already taken it from his hand. He looked surprised but it didn't last long. As he chuckled.

" If you were trying to bribe me for forgiveness, well you're forgiven," I said as I took a spoonful of ice cream, putting the cherry on top and filling my mouth.

" She's pregnant." I heard Rena whisper but didn't pay much attention to her. I guess she wanted to justify my reason for eating like a crazed person.

" Go on now," I said to the guy as I shued him with my hand. He had done enough. He should leave me alone to enjoy the delicious treat he gave me.

The guy eventually left while I enjoyed my ice cream under the hot sun.

" Shouldn't you go for a swim? Did you come here to babysit me?" I asked Rena as she just sat beside me doing nothing.

She looked at me for a while as if she wasn't sure what she wanted before finally getting up and running off towards the ocean.

I heard her give a happy shout before jumping in.

" Gosh, this guy knows the way to a woman's heart."

" So does that mean I just won your heart?" His voice suddenly came again. I thought I sent this guy away.

" What do you want now?" I asked without looking at him.

" I brought you this?" I thought it was another treat until I saw the tube he held. I was speechless.

" Let me." He said as he bent down while I just left the spoon in my mouth staring at him.

He took the cream from the tube and rubbed it on my skin and my eyes closed on their own at the calming sensation I felt in my skin.

He massaged the area gently as I quietly looked at him.

When he was done, he wiggled the cream in front of me then he dropped it and got up.

Giving me a charming smile he walked away.

What just happened?

Shaking my head to get myself out of my thoughts I finished up my ice cream and stood up to go join Rena in the water.

" Here I come," I said as I walked towards the water when I stepped foot into the water it was so cold I almost changed my mind but today was a beach day and it wouldn't be complete without a swim.

" What did he want again?" Rena asks, referring to the brown-haired guy.

" Nothing, he just gave me a cream to apply on the place the ball hit me."

Rena splashed water at me surprising me as I stopped speaking and I quickly hardened my face like I was angry.

" Am so sorry ma'am…" she didn't complete the statements before I returned her favor.

" You should have seen your face." I burst into laughter and soon she joined me as we both involved ourselves in a water splash fight.

When we had had enough swimming we returned to our blanket and had fruits.

Rena was packing the beach sand like she wanted to build a castle and that made me give an evil laugh.

" Don't tell me you want to build a sand castle?" I asked as she looked at me in confusion.

" Yeah, why?"

" Ever heard of a sand castle witch." She shook her head in a no and my evil smile broadened.

" Me," I said as I pointed to myself.

" If you build it, I'll ruin it."

" Hahaha, that's so evil." She laughed as if she was mocking me.

" You don't believe me? Try building one."

" Over there." She pointed to a group of guys that were chilling while one was so focused on building his sand castle.

" Oh, why didn't I see him earlier," I said as I stood up.

" No way. Don't tell me you're actually going to destroy it."

" Watch me."