Chapter 56-Pregnancy Exercises

"  Hold your partner on the waist and help her move back a little, please be very careful don't overdo it," the instructor said and Hardin followed her instructions and helped me bend going gently, I could feel my back loosen from stress, I think I would go for a pregnancy massage soon. It felt good.

" Now carefully stretch from side to side, remember, whatever you're doing you have to do it carefully because you're carrying a child and you don't need to stress your body, now let's do it together." This time I didn't need Markus to help me but he stood by my side watching me and I stretched from side to side, it was a simple exercise but with the pregnancy, it wasn't.

" You all are doing wonderful, let's take a short break." The break was necessary because I suddenly felt like I had been hiking for two days, it was exhausting.

" You look very tired,"

" Of course, that was hard." The look he was giving me told me he was finding my attitude funny, he looked like he worked out a lot so this wasn't anything to him, well maybe he should try getting pregnant, oh wait men don't get pregnant, but he wouldn't be finding this funny if he was in my shoes.

" I'm hungry, are we allowed to eat now?" I wasn't lying when I said I had a deep respect for women who do this over and over again until they have six children.

" You'll just have to wait a little, this is the last round and after this, you can eat whatever you want."

" Promise?"

" Promise." I sat down on the yoga mat with my legs folded as I stretched my back to reduce the ache.

" Are your shoulders aching?" Hardin asked and I nodded. Without warning he came behind me and started kneading my shoulder gently. I wasn't expecting him to and as much as I wanted to pull away, I stayed because his hand was indeed helpful.

" Gather up ladies, let's make you strong women," the instructor came and we all groaned while the men laughed at us. Hardin helped me to my feet and we continued exercising.

" I'm never doing this again." I groaned as soon as we got outside the building, as much as it was helpful, it was also tiring.

Hardin was laughing at me and I shot him a glare which made him stop immediately but I knew he was just holding it in, he would soon start laughing again.

" Laugh all you want, you don't know what it feels like being pregnant."

" Come on, don't make that face, now I feel guilty."

" Of course you should, you're making a pregnant lady sad," I said with a pout as I walked away from him.

" Oh come on, you remember I promised to get you anything you want after the exercises." At the mention of food, I stopped but after thinking that I could possibly get it myself after all, I continued walking.

" What about I make it myself? You know, home-cooked meals?" Well, that sounded nice, maybe we should go with that.

I stopped and turned to him.

" Apple pie."

" Apple pie it is." He said and I followed him to his vehicle while my driver just followed us.

" Wow, your house looks so lovely," I said as soon as he opened the door for me, the interior was perfect and one could tell it was done by someone who knew what they were doing, both the choice of furniture, where everything was placed, one could tell everything was done by an expert.

" Well it was done by my sister, the one you talked to, that sold that beautiful place to you. Apart from being a real estate agent, she is also an interior designer." Wow, she's good at what she does.

" Then I think she should be the one to handle my bakery."

" I'll talk to her, she'll be happy to do it."

" Okay now let's make apple pie, so I'm gonna need you to just relax while I go do that, make yourself at home." He said as he led me to the sitting room and made me sit.

" But I want to help."

" No thank you, you're visiting my house for the first time, and you're a special guest plus the baby wouldn't like his or her mummy stressing." I couldn't help but roll my eyes, helping him with making apple pie was stressful, didn't we just come from stressing the hell out of myself in the name of exercising?

" Okay whatever you say, just make sure whatever you're serving me tastes good."

" Yes ma'am." He said before he walked over to his kitchen and started making the apple pie.

" Well, that smells good, hope it tastes good?" I teased as I could smell the apple pie and it was making me salivate.

He brought me a glass of orange juice and then peanut butter because I asked. Being pregnant is fun, you get anything you want.

" So you want to watch something?" He asked as he took the remote and looked at me waiting for my answer.

" Well, anything is fine." As I was talking I felt movement in my stomach and suddenly froze, Hardin turned quickly to me thinking that I was in pain.

" Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asked me, what he was doing forgotten.

" The baby just kicked," I whispered and as I said so, the baby moved again.

" Feel it," without thinking, I held Hardin's hand and placed it on my stomach. I just wanted to share this with someone. Even if it wasn't the father of the baby.

" Wow, this is beautiful, why do I have the feeling that this is a boy?" I laughed and then the oven chimed indicating that the apple pie was ready.

" Well, I think it's time to give baby apple pie." He said with a smile as he stood up to go get the apple pie out of the oven.

I ended up eating more than half of the apple pie and Hardin let me, it wasn't my fault, it was the pregnancy and the fact that the apple pie tasted so good.

When he had brought it earlier, I made a face when I tasted it pretending like it wasn't nice but boy oh boy did it taste good. At one point he just stopped eating and watched me, but I didn't care I was busy.

Being with Hardin was fun. I couldn't deny it. I ended up spending the whole day with him because I didn't want to go back home and face Markus' new girlfriend, they weren't even up to a week but she was already everywhere and that was annoying.

When I woke up the first thing I noticed was that I was lying on a bed, when did I even fall asleep?

" I see you're awake, I didn't want to wake you up and if you're wondering how you're on the bed, I carried you, I didn't want you to have back ache sleeping on the couch, and it would be uncomfortable." He said as he walked towards me with a cup of water.

" Thanks," I said as I took it from him.

" I'm really grateful for everything."

" Anytime." He said with a smile and I returned it.

" What's the time?" I asked him and he looked at his wristwatch.

" It's 9:30 pm." What?!

" Why didn't you wake me? It's late."

" Calm down, you're pregnant and don't need to stress yourself." I calmed myself but I alone knew why I was getting worked up. I couldn't deal with Markus, I pray he was too busy with his girlfriend to notice my absence.

Hardin walked me to my car and I bid him good night and got in.

" I'm sorry for keeping you waiting." I apologized to the driver.

" I'm sure you are."

I froze when I heard who answered me.