Beginnings

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE TIME! (Thank my hyper-fixation for this chappy and the last.)

Things get pretty heated with Izuku's hunger in this chapter, but do not fret! The problem gets resolved!

Also, Mouse-Man makes an appearance in this chapter! *Squints at script* Bear-Man? Dog-Man?

CHIMERA-MAN???

(I always thought he was a mouse.)

Moving on...

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Sending all my gremlins positive vibes! :D

"He's fine? Are you fucking kidding me right now?" Nemuri scoffed, glaring daggers at the pair across from her. Shouta raised an eyebrow at her vehement use of a swear word while Hizashi winced at the tone of voice she'd used to do so. "He needs to see a doctor, a therapist—anyone—for what he's going through. He almost killed himself, for fuck's sake!" She barked.

"Keep your voice down," Shouta reprimanded forcefully as he glanced to the hallway.

"Do not tell me to keep my voice down. I'm pissed at you two right now," She hissed. Her eyes narrowed to slits as she asked, "And why didn't you think to tell me this sooner?"

Hizashi hesitated before responding. "We were trying to handle it ourselves. We didn't want to burden you or anyone else."

Nemuri's anger only intensified at his words. "Handle it yourselves?" She snapped. "He's not just some stray cat you found in the rain! He's a traumatized kid who needs professional help! What the hell were you thinking?"

"What do you want us to do? Get him a therapist who, a, would have to be informed of Izuku's true origins and b, would be completely out of their depth because he's literally from an entirely different world," Shouta countered.

Nemuri seemed to calm slightly at the logic behind what he was saying. However, they could still practically feel the rage rolling off of her like angry waves crashing against a rocky shore.

"Just because finding someone to help him would be difficult doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try," Nemuri shot back, her anger palpable.

Shouta sighed, shaking his head slightly. "Listen, I see where you're coming from, but it would have to be someone we trusted wholeheartedly. Even if they would be out of their depth of field, if we could find someone like that, I'd be willing to consider it." Shouta scratched at the back of his head as he spoke.

Hizashi perked up suddenly and the pair turned their attention to him. "What about Inui? He's a pro-hero, a trusted friend... he's the perfect candidate."

Nemuri raised an eyebrow, considering the suggestion. "Inui? The Yuuei Guidance Counsellor?" She asked. "I did hear that he has a knack for caring for strays..." She muttered.

Hizashi grinned. "That's the one. He might not have dealt with angels before—then again, who has—but he's got a heart of gold. Plus, he's good with handling delicate situations... until he gets angry, of course... then all hope is lost."

Ignoring that last bit, Shouta nodded. "You're right. He's someone we can trust. If he's willing to take on the responsibility, it could be just the solution we're looking for."

Nemuri's exasperated expression shifted ever-so-slightly at the apparent solution. "Well, if you think he's up for it, then talk to him. But make sure he understands the situation fully."

"We don't understand the situation fully, and we're his guardians," Hizashi admitted with a huff.

"Yeah..." Nemuri sighed. "But you know... there would be a more feasible way to ensure he always gets the help he needs, whenever the situation may arise..." She began.