A Fresh Start

A/N: Shoutout to Oofersonz iver on AO3 for the comment "Oh god, please don't tell me that Nedzus gonna make Izuku his student 💀💀💀. A "child" with many of centuries worth of knowledge with a sadistic rat that may or may want to overthrow the government is not a good mix, for everyone's sanity that is." From the previous chapter over on AO3. It made me laugh so hard that I couldn't not write it in, even though it's not an exact quote.

But it's definitely one of my favourite comments so far. I even sent it to my friend.

That aside, it's the chapter you've all been waiting for! *Drumroll* Class 1-A is finally in the fic! We're officially getting into canon territory now, folks! ^-^

Izuku meets Nedzu, we get a glimpse into Izuku's powers, and Shouta is genuinely fearing for Izuku's innocence! :D Oh, and the boys of Class 1-A are concerned as hell!

Stay tuned for the unfolding events as Class 1-A (finally) interacts with our angelic bean! :P

Enjoy, my gremlins! <3

Shouta, Hizashi, and Nemuri entered the house wearing matching expressions of concern. They took off their shoes by the door and stalked over to the living room, getting situated on the couches. Shouta called out for Izuku once they were all comfortable, his voice echoing through the eerily quiet house. After a moment of silence, the boy wandered out of his room hesitantly, unsettled by the deathly quiet.

When he entered the living room, he reached up to his chest as he looked at the trio in question. "What's wrong?" He asked quietly, nervousness filling his voice as he spoke.

"Why don't you come and take a seat on the couch for a moment, Izuku," Hizashi suggested as he gazed at him with apprehension.

Izuku's face scrunched up as he wandered towards where they were seated, pondering what this could be about. If the burning emotions he could feel swirling around in his chest were anything to go by, it wouldn't be anything good.

However, he noted that Nemuri's feelings of trepidation weren't quite as intense.

He took a seat on the couch, looking at them imploringly. "Is... everything okay?" He inquired, anxious feelings of his own beginning to wrap around his heart as he looked at each one of them, trying to grasp the severity of the situation.

Thoughts began to race through Izuku's mind like a storm. Are they going to get rid of me? Have they finally stopped caring about me? What have I done wrong? His breath suddenly quickened as he stared at them in desperation, hoping what he thought wasn't the case.

"I'm– I'm sorry if I've done anything to upset you," he stammered. "I don't want to be a burden, and I can leave if you want, but I would do anything to change your mind if at all possible. And I– I know I stay in my room a lot of the time, that I'm never really around... but– but please, don't get rid of me. I'll do better, I promise. I'll be quiet, and I won't eat much, and I'll stay out of your way. Just please, don't leave me alone again." His voice wavered with a mix of fear and pleading as he poured out his anxieties. His eyes filled with blood and a single tear rolled down his cheek.

The group stared at him in horror, wondering where he'd gotten the impression they wanted him gone from. "Wh– what?" Hizashi spluttered. "Of course not, Izuku! It's nothing like that, I promise."

Izuku took in a shuddering breath as he reached up to wipe at his tears. "Oh, thank the Heavens," He said wetly. "I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions; I'm just not used to anyone wanting me around. I thought I'd done something wrong, that I wasn't good enough... because I've never been good enough." He let out a barely audible keen, but the trio heard.