6

MELO'S POV

Why the fuck is Ashley calling me?

I haven't spoke to her since we broke up, which was years ago. I was hesitant to pick up the phone. Why is she calling me anyway?

I picked up the phone and waited for her to say something.

"M-melo?" She was crying.

"Ashley?" I asked.

"I-I need you Melo." She was sniffling.

"What? What are you saying Ashley."

"I miss you. Please, come back" 

"I-" I didn't know what to say. "Why are you crying?" 

I walked over my couch and sat down. 

I have a feeling this is gonna be a long ass call.

"Everyone hates me!" She sputtered.

"What do you mean everyone hates you?" I asked.

"I fucked up Melo. I fucked up so bad this time."

I can barely hear her over all of the crying.

"I was- I was really mad because my boyfriend broke up with me." She started. "And I told my best friends to leave me the fuck alone. And they actually left me alone and won't talk to me! I need you to be here with me Melo." 

She was crying so much. I actually feel a little bad.

"Ashley, we're over. I'm sorry but you broke up with me and I think that was for the better."

"Please. We don't have to do anything. I just need you here."

"Aren't you in La?" I asked.

"No, I went to Charlotte for the weekend. Please come Melo."

I just sighed. I didn't want to see Ashley but she promised that we wouldn't do anything. 

"Where are you?" I said.

1 hour later

I was in Ashley's hotel and we were both sitting on her bed while she cried in my arms. I didn't feel anything for her. I wasn't sad for her whatsoever but I felt like I needed to be here for her. I got here 30 minutes ago and at first she was telling me how much she missed me and what happened. Now she was just crying in my arms.

"Ashley I should go." I eventually said.

I know Skyla and I aren't dating, but I still feel like something is going on with us.

"Please Melo. Just another hour."

It is 2:30 and I have to pick Skyla up at 6:00, so I guess staying for another hour doesn't matter.

20 minutes later, Ashley was sprawled across my chest. She kept telling me how much she missed me, how handsome I was, and how good I was playing. I just nodded and thanked her. I didn't know what to do in this position. 

She then looked me in my eyes. I got flashbacks of everything that happened in our relationship. I remembered the date nights, the sex, our makeout sessions, and I remember when she sat with me all night telling me how handsome I was.

Ashley leaned in to kiss me and I didn't resist.

What's wrong with me? Why am I letting her kiss me?

I kissed her back. I don't know why. It just felt right.

1 hour later

Ashley and I were laying on her bed, under her covers. I was staring at the ceiling. I think she was scrolling on her phone. Both of our clothes were on the floor and a used condom was in the trash can.