3.

______

So, after a bit more a talking about the subject, I finally agreed, but I was very hesitant to join them as a solider now. I knew if my old team found out I would be dead.

To them I already was dead.

The man, König, took me to a bathroom first to clean off my face, pretty gentle this time for a giant before leading me into a room from the barracks for the night to let me rest.

"I'll be back in the morning to take you to the other new recruits that are also getting tests done." He smirked under his mask, he knew he didn't have much of a choice now that I agreed to this.

I sighed as I closed the door and just laid down on the bed, I soon put the covers over me and fell asleep right after. I didn't actually expect to survive today.
____

I did end up giving him some intel, I still kept some to myself but I gave him little snippets instead of the whole thing. He still looked satisfied and agreed not to tell the new recruits about how I was from the team they were all trying to kill.

From what I knew about König, he was a fighter by punching me, yet by the way he cleaned me up, he cared..? Maybe? I mean, I got beat by him badly and he didn't have to give me that chance so he must care a little bit.

______

The next morning came around fast and I was putting my clothes on, right when I finished I heard a knock at the door, I peeked out to see König.

As we walked through the barracks, I could feel his stare. I looked up at his to see him look away, but not fast enough for me.

I smiled slightly and he looked back at me after a few seconds. We kept walking and soon enough we were there.

There were only a few other recruits there, I was early. But this one guy.. he started to try and flirt with me, since I was the only woman actually there at the time.

"Hey sweetheart, do you have a boyfriend." He asked in a very stupid tone that made me feel more angry.

But I didn't say anything to his comments, König lingered with me but didn't say anything about it.

"Shouldn't you be a medic, girl? We wouldn't want you to get hurt." He snickered with some other recruits as they looked at my bruised face, too bad they couldn't see König's face.

As he said that, I literally was about to punch him and was in the movement but König stopped me.

"Don't waste your talent on this douche, rabbit" He commented to me.

"Rabbit?" The guy laughed. "If she's a rabbit than I'm a-" Before he could finish his sentence, König had already grabbed him and walked where people couldn't hear them, a few seconds later they both walked back and the guy didn't say another word to me.

Damn, he was already being protective over me. Or maybe he just got pissed at the guy.

König shot a glare at me and a nod of approval as our first test started with shooting targets, I had shot all the targets, some in the head but most in the heart, not missing.

König looked impressed when I glared to see if he was still there, obviously he wasn't taking the test himself since he was already a higher rank then all of us there.

Finally after a couple more tests like that, we got to close combat. Every enemy they gave against me I was able to outsmart them, beat them, hurt them.

As a man spoke he finally said that all the tests were done and we would be lead to our rooms. Since König was a higher up and he had already picked my room, I was keeping that one. It looked like everyone else got bad rooms though, rats, leaking, etc. But me? My room was perfectly fine and clean. Did König do that on purpose? No. Maybe I was just other thinking it.

As it was lunch time, I walked to the cafeteria with a few new recruits and got my lunch. I noticed that König was already sitting, but he was.. alone? All the other ranks sat next to each other it seemed.

I sat down across from him and smirked, wanting to start small talk.

"So, how does it feel to get beat by a woman?" I gloated to him as I knew I won by a long shot.

"Ja, ja. You'll need a lot more battles with me to gloat, little rabbit." He chuckled, knowing that he could've crushed me in seconds.

"So, the new mission that all recruits are going on..?" I asked, wanting to know more about the topic since it would be tomorrow morning.

"All new recruits will be assigned to a higher up that also has their specialty. Once in place, we will let everything play out and see what you guys do." He explained, looking straight into my eyes with his cold stare that sent shivers down my spine.

"So.. I'm assuming that I'm assigned to you?" I asked and then took a bite of the food. He hadn't even touched his food yet.

"Only if you want, I can make it happen, little rabbit." He chuckled to himself as he finally took a bite of his food, literally eating half of it in one bite.

I changed the topic.
"Yea yea, so. Why do you call me 'Little rabbit' anyway?"

He sounded like he was thinking, making an audible "Hm.."

"Well first of all, your little. Second of all, your the first to actually not give in when I punched you so many times."
He paused for a few seconds.
"And I've done that to a lot of enemies."