Ch. 26 - In and Out

Oscar only took a moment to consider her request because the answer seemed obvious to him

"Well, I do owe you for bailing me out earlier," he said as he sat down on the edge of the big bed, and then leaned back and folded his hands behind his head, swinging one leg casually. "What do you want to know?"

Elise hesitated, then meandered towards the door to what appeared to be a walk-in closet. "I guess-" she huffed, just after disappearing from his view. He could hear her shifting hangers around. "Well, I mean... It's hard to ask about what you don't know about," she commented. "Shit... Would you unzip me?" she asked, leaning enough that she could see him from the closet.

"Huh? Oh, sure." The punk grunted as he got up off the bed to help. He wondered why females wore things that they had trouble getting in and out of by themselves, and then wondered if she really needed his help at all or if she just wanted it.

"Does he steal? Does he kill people? How did the two of you meet? Was it...through crime?"

"No? I mean... Sort of, yes... Heh, it's complicated. Look, it's different for Max-Marcus than say a petty criminal. He doesn't kill people, he just tells one of his friends that he wants someone dealt with and tomorrow they go missing, or end up in an accident, or any number of things, but you get my point... " In one fluid motion he pulled the zipper down, releasing the tension holding the fabric together. "But I didn't know any of that when we met..."

Elise let out a sigh of relief, though whether it was from being freed from the zipper she could reach, but couldn't quite pull hard enough, or the information about her brother. "Thanks," she said, glancing briefly over her shoulder, which now fell bare along with the majority of her back, all the way to the delicate curve at the base of her spine. She kept her back to him, holding the front of the dress securely in place while waiting for him to leave the closet. "So, if 'Marcus' is the bad, rich, crime lord to you...then who's Max? ...Oz?"

"...Huh? Oh!" Oscar recovered, after getting momentarily lost in imagining what forms were still covered by the dress. He knew he shouldn't. Max trusted him, but he couldn't fight against his natural biology. "Max is perfect..." he mused with a small smile. "Never takes himself too seriously, is always down for whatever happens. He's the kind of friend you want to have. The kind who you don't get tired of on long drives, who's easy to be around... The kind of guy you let your guard down around."

"You sound smitten." Elise grinned could be heard in her comment. "And given how protective he is of you, I think my brother realizes how lucky he is," she said, turning to face Oscar. She gazed up at him for a moment, her dark almond eyes expectant. "...Would you mind?" She asked, making sure she had a secure hold on her dress with one hand, while giving him a gentle push on the chest with the other, since he was still in her closet.

"Not at all. Just think of me as one of the girls," Oscar teased before yielding and exiting the closet. Really, if anyone was going to have a problem with nudity, it wasn't going to be him.