𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐒𝐈𝐒 | 𝖩𝖨𝖠

【  ⚬━━━♔━━  。  。━━♚━━━。】

RAP: STORYTELLER

In Kpop, people use words such as unique and or special to describe the dullest of talents the industry has to offer. And without a doubt, these words have now lost their meaning so they have no place in describing Jia's rapping. When evaluating all she has to give for the art of rap, only one phrase can be used to describe her; rara avis. (a 'rare bird'; a phenomenon, a prodigy)

Technically, anyone can rap, but it won't always be good. So it's nothing 'special' when a Kpop idol raps, but there is a great difference when a Kpop idol is actually good at it and can be called rappers. Sadly for fans who praise their favorites to hell and back, these types of idols are a rare breed in Kpop. Perhaps even a dying one at that.

Jia first established her right to being named the best rapper in Kpop back when she was a contestant in 'I-land.' But regrettably, she was not recognized or credited for her raw talent in rap all because she was young. Her age made others underestimate her, but her skills spoke for themselves as over the years people opened their eyes and came to the realization of her gift.

To put it simply, Jia is a storyteller; don't get this confused with storytelling. A mumble rapper can have a storytelling track amongst his discography, but he is still not a storyteller. There are numerous attributes to why Jia is classified as a storyteller. For one, her self-assured delivery contributes to a strong presence, a crucial element for leaving a lasting impact as a rapper. Secondly, she is an innovative lyricist. Her creative wordplay and ability to infuse emotion into her delivery, add depth to the lyrical content and enhance the overall impact of her performances, among others. She knows her audience and makes the listener feel like they're a part of the story. Her style makes the listener attentive to her words and understands them. Her pronunciation of words makes her sound poetic even when she's just talking. Generally, she talks like she's rapping and it's calming.