4.Betrayal?

Mr. Fernandes cleared his throat and added, "Aura." (Paused for 2 seconds.) ,"Aura Ginz. I understand you're really interested in this deal. In reality, according to the contract, 50 percent of the plot is already in your name because you paid half of the cash we agreed to before the due date, which is today, and because I was impressed with you. Some paperwork and certification are still required before the plot may be fully transferred to your name. BUT.." He paused as a pang of remorse spread across his face.
Aura's smile disappeared. She smelled something fishy. She spoke with a cautious tone, her face looking curious.
"But what, sir?"
"Aura. We need to cancel this contract. He said this while gazing away from the water. I shall replay all of your payments without saving the compensation you paid. In fact, I will compensate you for your losses."

Aura's world nearly crumbled. Her face remained wide open. Her eyes were welling with tears, and her face was growing pale. She spoke while shaking,
"Whatt? ..what?..why? We reached an agreement on this. In fact, I paid you every payment before the deadline, with the exception of one, which I paid on the second date. Is there any issue? Do you have a new client?.. What??whyyyy?"

She was now looking for an answer. He turned to look at her. He was wearing goggles to avoid making eye contact with her. He sought to keep his emotions under control. Mr. Fernandes was not the type of businessman who pursued money or was greedy for it. He wanted trust as well as money since trust would help the business expand even more. He was a man of one word. He will not back down from a contract unless the other side commits fraud or violates the law. It's difficult to find folks like him. But it was evident that he wanted to grow his firm, thus trust was his top priority. Since they first met, Aura has known him very well. They met regularly. Even Mr. Fernandes always considered her as his daughter!!..He trusted her and Aura also never broke his trust.She managed to trust him of all people,but this was taking a different turn now..

Mr. Fernandes said while keeping his voice as calm as possible. "Aura aura I know, dear. But there is an emergency; otherwise, I wouldn't have done this. I'll compensate you. Let's end the contract here. I'll offer you another plot with a high discount. Please calm down and have some water. It's normal in business."

Aura's fury was rising. Her tears vanished. She sat back, resting her weight on the chair's back and supporting her chin with one hand. She said:
"Mr Fernandez. You are here because of trust, and so am I. You are not a person who will simply break a contract without a legitimate reason. He started growing uncomfortable. (She was looking at him from head to toe to figure out what his body language was trying to convey.) I need a reason. I won't break the contract, nor am I going to remove my name from the property. I don't want compensation or a refund for that discounted plot. You exactly know why I want this plot. We had been that close. You know what a breach of contract means. Sir, I know there is something. You have a dealer with some other client, or the client is threatening you. is it? .. Mr. Fernandes's eyes widened. He thanked himself for wearing goggles so that aura wouldn't get any idea. But he failed. (His shaking hand and legs were openly telling the aura that whatever she said was true.)
Judging from your body language, I'm assured that I'm telling the truth."

He said while muttering. "Look, dear, it's not good for you to stick to this plot. understand this. And I have my own connections if you are thinking about something worse for our relationship." He shifted his gaze elsewhere..

Aura fisted against the table between them and asked
"Who is that client?? I'll talk to him/her."
"No use; I tried." He bit his tongue. At that moment, he knew he had messed up.
"So it's true you have another client."
"Look, it's not..."
"If you have ever respected the trust between us, tell me the truth. I won't say anything, Uncle."

He was moved when she stated it. He had always expected her to contact her uncle, but on the first day, he stopped her because he didn't know her. Since then, she has never addressed her as "uncle". He decided to give up and disclose everything. He took off his goggles, showing his teary eyes. Sticking his eyes at the river he said,

"A year ago, shortly before you arrived, I was relieved that the party to whom I wished to sell the plot had accepted my offer. We had completed our transaction. However, everything was well until the afternoon of the second day, the day you came. I joined the party for lunch, and we were accompanied by our lawyers. We were almost about to close the deal. But then the party's wife fell from the second floor and required admission. That's why I was late that day, keeping you waiting. We hurried to the hospital. The party believed that the the deal (plot ,not the gifted one ) ,was to blame for him nearly losing his wife.As a result, he decided to cancel the deal. However, the plot opposite to this one (he pointed to it) was determined to be gifted by my late mother as her final request. We settled on the term that.I'll gift the opposite plot, and this plot where we are sitting is part of the arrangement, which means that if I give it to them, I'll let them use it for a year and let them pick whether or not to buy it at the end. If they decide to cancel the contract on this land, I will be required by law to accept the gifted plot back.
I didn't want to take back the land,because it was my mother's dying request, and she was the party's closest friend. She desired a bond between the families to continue to be good. The party insisted on reclaiming the land because it was part of a now-cancelled agreement. But I advised that they cancel the entire purchase and get into a new contract in which only the reverse is in their name. However, when I arrived at your place to meet you, the party had an accident and fell into a coma. As a result, the decision's implementation was postponed....!!!..I should have TD you earlier but I thought things will fall in right places....and then

"Did you betray me?"Aura's voice was shaking..

,"No Aura...I didn't mean..I really thought that things will be fine by now...,"he hurriedly tried to explain her..

,"but what's the problem now? Party is still in coma?"she asked him..her face was all red coz of anger,frustration,sadness and most importantly she felt betrayed...

"No" he said, looking down,wiping his tears with his palm

"THEN??" She said with her eyes wide open..

,"His SON!!!," he said,almost whispering..his eyes were all red and cheeks were burning of shame..Aura was stunned..still looking at him,her face expressed a huge question mark..!!

************************************
So Friends how was todays part?
Please comment down your opinion,I'll feel good to read then and don't forget to vote for next part!!!!

What do you think is the reason for Fernandez's actions?
Who is the party?and most importantly his son?
What does the party's son has to to do with the plot?
Did Fernandez betrayed Aura?

Stay tuned and follow for the next part...!!