The Chores

Tw! Scarring

Lancelot

Onyx trotted down the street to the marketplace. The final bell was about to toll which signaled the end of the working day for some people, so I knew Tails and Cream would be ready to leave.

I had asked the king if I may take over the forest patrols, and he allowed me, seeing as I was his most trusted knight.

I pulled on Onyx's reins, slowing him to a stop once we arrived at a small little shop that I knew to be Tails's.

I waited patiently, listening for the familiar chime of the church bell that sounded every day.

Then it rang and not a minute after, Tails and Cream walked out of the shop.

"Sir Lancelot! What are you doing here?" Asked Tails.

"I promised your brother I would escort you home to keep you safe. It doesn't interfere with my patrol and I quite like visiting your home." I answered, holding out my hand to help them up onto the saddle.

"Oh wow! Thanks I guess!" Said Tails, taking my hand.

I pulled him up then Cream, and waited for them to get comfortable on the saddle.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yup!" Answered Cream.

I snapped the reins and Onyx started moving. We went through town then down the dirt road.

We rode down the part of the road where Tails and Cream were being attacked yesterday. I spotted the horned lizard in the bushes, and we made eye contact. He slinked back, realizing that he would not be able to take advantage of the children today.

I scoffed and we kept on riding down the path.
We arrived to the tree with the light catcher, and I pulled on the reins and Onyx turned. We started down the road and made it to the open iron gates.

Onyx trotted into the clearing and I took note that the children were all gathered around a certain area. They were laughing and squealing as water flung from somewhere. Then as we came closer, we understood what was happening.

In the middle of the large crowd of children was Sonic. His apron and pants were soaked and so was the bottom of his shirt.

His scarf was lying on the ground, soaked through and through.
And Sonic was wrangling a scrawny yet fluffy dog with brown and white fur.

"Ack! Down boy!" He said, as the dog jumped up, placing it's front paws on his chest. "You're soaked buddy! Down!"

The dog just barked joyfully, and the children ran around as he splashed water everywhere.

Sonic laughed and then got the dog to sit back down in the tub. He splashed some water on the dog and washed away the suds. He let the dog jump out of the tub, and the furry creature shook off the water, sending the children running and laughing. I could feel myself laugh as well.
Sonic laughed and called the dog over. He grabbed a towel and wrapped the dog up.

"Oh! Lancelot! Cream! Tails! Hello!" He shouted, waving to us, noticing our presence.

I chuckled then hopped off Onyx. I helped Cream and Tails down, and they ran over to Sonic who was drying off the dog.

"Sonic! Who's dog is that?" Asked Tails.

"Well he ran into the clearing from the woods today! The children started playing with him so I thought I'd give him a bath and let him stay!" Chuckled Sonic.

"Oh what's his name?" Giggled Cream as she let the dog lick her face.

"Well we decided on Bramble! What do you think?" Asked Sonic, wiping his hands on his soaked apron.