To My Readers

Welcome to the Gods Among Us Universe. It's inspired by an amalgamation of world mythologies including Norse, West Coast First Nations, Mesoamerican, Celtic, Greek, Roman, Mesopotamian, Egyptian, and Asian, blended with our current modern world, and expanded to other worlds across multiple solar systems within this created universe. I take liberties with world mythologies, twisting them as needed to serve the interests of my stories. After all, this is a work of fiction.

World mythology pre-dates modern usage in popular culture. Reference to popular world culture provides a sense of 'the real world' in the Earth-based scenes and would be familiar to characters living in a version of our modern world. Make no mistake—this is an alternative modern world where immortals and extremely long-lived races have existed and interacted, moving between Earth and other habitable realms on their home planets and dimensions, since long before humanity developed the ability to create fire, build homes, or tend the land. They've formed the basis of our myths and legends, yet we've forgotten they exist. As Arthur C. Clarke said, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." And in this case, the magic is real but the vast majority of humans have no idea.

Enticed is the third story in The Valkyries series of the Gods Among Us Universe. Although it is primarily an enemies-to-lovers sapphic tale surrounding the main characters of Kara and Scota, it is also a continuation of Pazuzu and Anna's love story. Other tropes include altered heroine, fish out of water, alpha male, emotional scars, damsel in distress, and dangerous secrets.

Trigger warnings: graphic violence, reference to assault, death of loved ones, pregnancy, explicit sex, explicit language.

I will be updating this story once per week and I look forward to your comments and ideas about what is happening next.

Cheers,

Melody Grace Hicks

Reference: Arthur C. Clarke. 1962 (revised 1973). Profiles of the Future: An Inquiry into the Limits of the Possible. Harper & Row, New York, NY USA.