~Chapter 10~

~A day later~

~Rishita's POV~

I was sitting with Ranveer bhai, outside the house, yeah in the common garden.
As I sipped in the heavenly drink that bhai prepared.
Bhai really makes the best chai! See people simply made fun of me, when I said that Bhai should start a tea stall. Agar uss time karte start, toh he must have had his outlets all over the world by now! He literally makes that good of a tea. And I am not kidding at all.

"Bhai, what nonsensical is their wedding schedule. Shadi hai ya final exams jo itne din chalne wali hai? I don't even understand, why they have so much of gaps in between the ritual days! Kahi iss gap mei yehi na bhul jaye ki inki shadi honi wali hai", I chuckled as I said that.
But it was the truth, I mean their wedding schedule was something really funny.
And, as much as I know him, he will definitely hit the office in between, toh there are ample of chances of him forgetting all, in his work.
"Rish, even I don't understand what logical wedding they are having. I mean, unki shadi hi ek mahine ki hai shayad.
But.. It's on the basis of the shub muharat na? So we can't even say anything. ", Bhai opined.
" I am done with this bhai! I just want all of this to end, and I back in UK, with my sweetheart. I miss her so much. Even though we speak nearly every day. I.. ", I voiced.
Well, no we are not sadistic who were having fun on the expense of their wedding. But damn man, aren't wedding supposed to end to the maximum in a week.
But their? Well, let me tell you how the festivities are divided here.
Their engagement is in two days from now.
Okay.. I.. It doesn't hurt.
Maybe it does.

Getting back, after their engagement Mehendi is the next day.
But after that, they have a gap of like two weeks, before the sangeet.
I mean really? Two weeks!
And yeah, the wedding is one day after the sangeet.

Frankly I want this to end as quickly as possible. Yes, I gave up. Gave up on every hope, gave up on to the thought that love exist.
I am burning the pyre of this emotion, with every passing day that I am here.

Sometimes..to be true, every time,it pains to see them together, to know that it isn't me beside him.

But.. I can't do anything. Neither do I want to do anything. It's just.. I won't be able to hold on to it for long.
Only I know I am facing it all, that to with a smile. Without letting anyone, not even Ranveer bhai know, that it all is working like a sword on my heart, making it bleed with each passing day.

But no! He wants it right! He wants to marry her. So who am I even to go against his life decisions.

But still is it wrong? Is it wrong if a say that there's still a flicker of hope in the darkest corner of my heart, hoping that somehow, magically, things will turn around.
Stupid of me, but I can't help it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

~Aadheesh's POV~

I don't know what's happening to me.
My engagement is just a day ahead, but my mind and heart are both filled with intrusive thoughts.
Ever since her return, things changed.
I hate to admit it. But.. It isn't supposed to be this way right?
She.. She seems very much unaffected by all this. While I am drowning.

How much had I planned with her. Now every dream, every desire of mine, is burning down to ashes slowly, burning me down with it aswell.

But no matter how much I argue with myself. This is what is to happen. She pulled this up. Probably she never saw the dreams that I did. She never yearned for the togetherness. Probably the distance, was way too much to be bridged.
Not that I want to.
After all that happened years ago, I simply can't do wrong to Nishita again. She suffered already. But.. Still my heart is not ready to label her as a culprit. A big part of my heart still yelps that Rishita would never do anything like that. That's the sole reason, that even after so many years, I am trying. But, all my efforts seems futile.
But, no! I know one thing, my heart knows it, my Tara wouldn't do anything like that.
But...