Episode 4: Family Ties

L/N Residence: 

The next morning after Tanner's discovered animal attack, Y/N has been left in a sourer mood than normal. With no coach, that means no football, and with all of the rapid animal attacks, Mystic Falls High finding a new one could prove very difficult, especially if they're now killing people in the middle of town. However, that doesn't stop him from consuming his breakfast in massive and quick bites. It could warrant enough worry that he could throw up anytime soon. 

"You're up early." Y/N hears his father comment as he walks downstairs to see him at the kitchen. He also notices all of the stuff he's added to his plate, but decides to speak nothing of it. "Couldn't sleep?" He guesses the obvious. 

"That's one way of putting it." Y/N mutters as he continues eating, applying some hot sauce to he eggs on his plate. "Not only is my reason for genuinely liking school gone, but Tyler had to go and press my buttons again....." He complains to him, sighing as he shakes his head. "And then there's the animal, which I keep fucking hearing about..."

"Well, hear no more." The then tells him as he drops a newspaper onto the kitchen island. Y/N squints as he takes it and the biggest headline a look over. 'Deadly Beast Captured, all is well in Mystic Falls.' "Looks like town will finally get back to normal." 

"Yeah, assuming that its reputation hasn't already been tarped." Y/N grumbles as he sets the newspaper down, before chuckling to himself. "Listen to me, caring about the town's rep, I think I've turned into you." He remarks with a smirk, causing his father to blink.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I think you know." Y/N replies with a knowing look, to which the pair share a brief chuckle. "Anyway, I should probably get going, some of the guys want to talk about the Lockwood's Founders Party at the grill." He shares with him. Seems the Lockwoods decided to host their party on a weekend, so before then, the day will include mostly chilling and shopping for clothes. grabbing some shoes and (type of jacket) jacket before heading out. "I'll see you when I see you." 

His dad nods, before remembering something. "Hey, wait!" He calls over to him, causing Y/N to stop and turn around. "If you don't mind, can you help me make sure I got everything? The Lockwood family wants very piece of ancient Mystic Falls me and your mother has."

"Ah, right, I forget you guys were also founders." Y/N recalls with a small point, clicking his tongue. "Sure, why not? The Timberwolves are pretty much going to be there all day, anyway." He accepts with a shrug, to which his father smiles gratefully as he goes to find his keys. 

"Great, follow me." 

As his dad then brings him into the attic, the duo work together to grab all boxes that hold Mystic Fall antiques inside and bring them over to the first floor, where they plan to bring them over to Mr. L/N's van. It doesn't take as much time as expected, thanks to a lot of them being labeled as important. 

While grabbing the last one, Y/N finds this box in particular to be a little heavy. "Dang, what's in this one? A cannon ball?" He quips to himself before deciding to use his legs to get this one up....

*Thud*

The sudden tap on the circle-shaped window causes Y/N to glance towards it with a brow, where it then continues has a silhouette of a bird continues pressing its beak on the glass. "Goodness gracious..." He mutters as he steps over to open the window and shoo it away. "Hey! Get on! Get!" He order as he uses his hand to scare it away, only for it to just lay itself on the chimney stack instead. "Weird ass bird...." He shrugs as he then closes the window, leaving the bird to do stupid things. 

The crow caws back to its owner, planning to report his findings....