Chapter 3

Ever since I arrived here, everything has been a complete fail, it's took a turn for the worst and now I have no friends and I'm making my way into a school full of werewolves.

I just hope Maya has forgiven me from the other night. I have no doubt that word travelled around about me calling Benjamin a useless mate and not helping me. If my mom found out so quickly then I have no doubt that the rest of his pack has.

It's a Thursday, so I only have two days of ignoring stares, being a loner and wanting to go home.

I park in the limited spaces left before sitting in my car, trying my best to compose myself, although it's no good. My body won't accept the change, it won't accept me trying to act like all of this is okay because it's not. I have no friends, no father, no mate and no hope. All I have is myself and my thoughts, but even they don't belong to me anymore.

There has to be a way that I can avoid going to school today. I think of setting the school on fire, releasing a blanket of snow onto the floor but that wouldn't be facing my problems, that'd be running away which is the one thing I'm accusing my mom of doing.

My dad taught me to be strong and that when life gets tough, you get tougher, so that's exactly what I'm doing. Before I have the chance to opt out of going into the school, I drag myself out of my car, all eyes directing to me before conversation sparks.

For once I don't try to listen to their conversations because I know if I hear one bad thing I'll run past the border of this town and end up somewhere in Ohio.

I stand in the worn out office. The sturdy walls are white like a hospital and the fur tie is all dark wood and smells old. An older lady greets me, a kind smile on her face.

I smile at her "I've come for my schedule I'm-"

"Arabella Sanchet" the lady behind the office smiles wide making me slightly uncomfortable "I went to school with your grandmother, she told me you were returning" I sigh. It seems everyone knew I was returning and that I'm the only one who's not happy about it, everyone likes a new person to stare at.

I clench my teeth and smile sourly like I've just bitten into a sour lemon. I've begun to take the silent option with everyone in this town seen as anything I say either sounds ungrateful or just causes me to have no friends.

The office lady hands me my papers, taking my silence as a hint to stop talking and give me what I came here for. "Enjoy your first day dear"

"Thanks" I say suspiciously, why is she being so nice when I've not spoke to her or attempted to be pleasant back? A part of me tells myself that I'm being a little too harsh on this town; maybe they're not all bad.

But as I exit the office I find the reason that I'm accusing the town for being so horrible-Ben.

He's heading straight for me, his face serious like it always is, I thought he'd at least be a little bit different in school. My guard comes up, stopping him from hearing my thoughts and stopping myself from feeling any pain physically.

"where's your first class?" He asks. I tilt my head, surprised he doesn't already know.

I fumble for my papers, looking down at the schedule, figuring out how to read it "um, history" I reply, arching a brow.

"I'll take you" I stare at him, blinking a few times at his change in personality. Maybe he's bipolar or maybe he's had a sudden change of attitude-but why?

"Do you have MPD?" I burst, starting the conversation. I see a smirk embrace his face as he considers my question.

"MPD?" He asks