Chapter 27

Those are words that I never expected to leave my mouth. The fact that we are up against vampires is already a hard situation to grasp, but the fact that the pack will have a vampire for a Luna is on another level.

I tell myself to breathe as I watch Ben's expression become more shocked and worries. I hold his hand "I still don't think they're stronger than us"

He nods "I know, but being up against vampires isn't going to work in our favour."

"We should go and discuss this with everyone, including my family, they may be able to help us with this."

Ben nods in agreement and we're soon on our way to the library. Ben mind links his father who's in the office with Alberto and I prepare how I'm going to tell them even more bad news. I keep thinking that this is as bad as it can get, but each time I'm wrong and each time we're faced with another issue, another brick wall to pick apart.

"You're worrying" Ben points out as we walk down the hall.

I gulp. He's right, I'm worried for everyone. "It's hard not to"

He stops me in my tracks, gripping my arm and turning me to face him "We're a team and we're a strong one." He says, tilting my chin up to look at him "You don't need to worry."

As convincing as he may be, even I know that he can't promise that. The uncertainty in our futures is hard to push to the side. I want a future, I want Emmy to have a future and I definitely want longer with Ben, but what if that just isn't what we're supposed to have?

He plants a kiss on my lips and I grip is top at the sides. I feel like my fingers are clinging on to him, not wanting him to ever leave. "This isn't the start we should have had together" I say, almost sulking.

He nods. "I know, but it's the start that we have and it's made us even stronger."

I can't argue with him on that point, it's clear that going through this is making us stronger, it's getting all of the hard things out of the way first but I'd rather life be boring and simple than have this coming at us.

"How are we going to battle against vampires? It's impossible" I say, feeling my emotions getting the better of me.

He shakes his head "It's not impossible." A smile tugs on the corner of his mouth "Besides, us wolves like a challenge"

He's trying to make light of the situation and I know that he's doing it to try and brighten the mood. I laugh, because I know he's trying but it doesn't stop me from worrying. The worrying increases as we approach the library and I can already hear voices from inside. I'd forgotten that this is the first time my family have met Alberto, Sofia and Dominic and I can hear them all getting to know each other.

When we walk in, they all look to us and Alberto is the first to speak "Arabella, you didn't tell me that your grandmother is this beautiful woman"

I smirk as I look to my grandmother. She's worked her charm on him just like she does most people and Sofia is stood laughing with my Aunt Gemma.

"Well, it would have ruined the surprise" I say back with a smirk.

My mom chuckled "Alright, don't let her head get any bigger. What do you two need to talk to us about?"

I look to Ben nervously, wanting him to explain but I know it'll be better coming from me.

"I've had a vision." They all burst into chatter, happy and hopeful chatter. I hate to be the one to end it, but I explain sooner rather than later. "He's going to mate with a vampire"

There's silence. My Grandmother looks far from impressed and I see her twitch threatening to show in her eyes. "Going to or has?"

I purse my lips "Going to."